May is National Fibromyalgia Education and Awareness Month. Massage therapists can use this nationally designated month to inform the public about the benefits of massage and spa therapies to fibromyalgia patients. Among them:
• Massage Improves Sleep, Decreases Pain and Substance P in Fibromyalgia Patients
• Spa Therapy for Fibromyalgia
• Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy and Connective Tissue Massage Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms
• Stanger Bath Therapy Improves Fibromyalgia Symptoms
• Mechanical Massage Improves Fibromyalgia Symptoms
• Craniosacral Therapy Brings Relief to Fibromyalgia Patients
On April 19 MASSAGE Magazine reported that May is also National Arthritis Month.