San Francisco, CA – The Green Spa Network has announced the exciting speaker lineup for its fourth annual congress being held Oct. 9 to 12 at Robert Redford’s renowned model of sustainability, The Sundance Resort near Park City, Utah. The Green Spa Network (www.greenspanetwork.org) cultivates the vital connection between personal well-being, economic sustainability and the health of our planet.
The dynamic program includes presentations on: Smart Design; On-Trend P.R. & Marketing Tips that Work Now; Obtaining Transparency and Authenticity in Personal Care Products; and The Evolution of Spas to Vitality Centers, promoting Wellness, Authentic Living and Social Responsibility. The intimate, interactive program will also include an exclusive Sponsor Showcase, an Industry Round Table led by industry leaders Jane Iredale, founder Jane Iredale Cosmetics and Barbara Close, CEO of Naturopathica; and the first-ever Green Spa Network Film Screening Series, curated by LOHAS Executive Director Ted Ning.
With a theme of “Taking Root: Making a Difference for the Planet and Your Bottom Line,” speakers for the Sunday through Wednesday program include:
- Robert Zimmer – Architect, eco tourism expert, developer of Sundance and former CEO of Rosewood Hotels.
- David Oakey – Biomimicry and sustainability expert from Interface Corp.
- Beth Greer – Best-selling author of Super Natural Home: Improve Your Health, Home and Planet…One Room at a Time and syndicated radio show host.
- Rona Berg, former New York Times beauty editor and best-selling author of Beauty: The New Basics, and the brand-new Fast Beauty: 1000 Quick Fixes.
- Marie-Josee Shaar – Certified wellness counselor and author of Smarts and Stamina: The Busy Person’s Guide to Optimal Health and Performance.
- Liz Ratcliff – Founder of EA Apparel, sexy, sleek, eco-friendly, seasonal free clothing line.
- Carolyn Parrs, host and co-founder of the popular eco-podcast, America the Green and Mind Over Markets, a marketing/business development company.
- Beverly Macy, UCLA professor, Gravity Summit founder, Huffington Post columnist and author of The Power of Real Time Social Media Marketing.
The congress schedule also includes time for members to “practice what they preach” and experience the resort’s array of exhilarating outdoor activities in a remarkable setting. For more information, visit www.sundanceresort.com.
GSN will also unveil designs for its new logo, new website as well as its refreshed mission and ways that attendees can take an active role in fulfilling it.
“This congress will mark a milestone in our history,” explains GSN President Roberto Aronja, general manger of Rancho La Puerta. “We are bringing together leaders from the worlds of design, tourism, beauty, marketing and health to further advance the causes of healing, wellness and vitality. Our goal is to craft an action plan that benefits consumers, businesses and the planet–underscoring the fact that we are intertwined and interdependent.”
Attendees already registered for the conference hail from companies including: Ritz Carlton, Pebble Beach Resort, Rosewood Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Westin, St. Regis, Crystal Mountain, Natural Body Spas and Atlanta School of Massage, Universal Companies, Phytomer and many others.
About the Green Spa Network
GSN is a community of like-minded spas and resource partners made up of more than 80 influential spa locations with an estimated purchasing power of $30+ million per year. The association has already produced a Sustainability Assessment Tool to help guide members in evaluating their sustainability commitment and educating them on next steps. Sponsors include industry leaders like Interface, Intelligent Nutrients, Jane Iredale, Living Earth Crafts, Naturopathica, Universal Companies, Lotus Moon, Oakworks and more. GSN has also crafted win/win strategic alliances with like-minded entities including Green America, Spa Clique, Les Nouvelles Esthetiques, Spa Buzz, and Organic Spa Magazine.