Spring is finally here, and in this season, we humans come alive with vitality. We are suddenly driven to plant flowers, tidy our yards and clean. As you clean out your closets, pack up your woolens and bring your spring clothes out of storage, remember it is important to clear the energies from those spaces as well.
Every person who entered that closet and every physical item that was stored in that closet has an energy that leaves a residue or shadow in that space. Spring cleaning from an energetic perspective means clearing those old energies, as much as it means tidying, dusting, folding and sweeping.
Here are some ideas on how to clear old energies:
1. Burn an incense stick with sage or frankincense to clear and rebalance the old energies that were in the closets, nooks and crannies from the emotions you held in the past.
2. Put a quartz crystal or amethyst geode in the corners of your home or closets, and infuse them with a sincere prayer that they hold a positive energy throughout the spring and summer.
3. Visualize a pyramid of clear, bright white light coming down from the other dimensions and settling perfectly over the closet, or over your entire house. Do this exercise in your mind’s eye, knowing and trusting that when the pyramid settles over the area of your focus, it will clear, balance, renew and refresh the energies within it. Then in the weeks to come, whenever you think of it, refill the pyramid with clean, clear energy.
4. You can also use your body to clear and clean the energies in the space where you are working. Imagine your body is an energetic vacuum cleaner or giant filtration device. Open up to the energies of the other dimensions; allow them to flow down through your crown chakra, or the crown of your head, and pass through your body like a pulsating screen. Allow those vibrations to pass through your body and out into the field around you. The energies coming from the other dimensions are too fast to be utilized on Earth, but our bodies have the ability to step the energy down to a rate, or pulsation, that is useable by us here on Earth. The energy passes through our bodies and out into the field, changing or transforming the field and clearing it just as if it were a filter or vacuum as previously mentioned. You can raise the energies if they seem too slow and dense; you can dampen them down if they feel too fast and intense; you can anchor them if they feel too wild and erratic; or you can tuck them if they are too stretched out. Use your imagination to play with and adjust the energies, and trust that what you imagine is actually able to unfold. You are more powerful than you ever imagined.
5. For the energies around you to be clear, you must be clear. Therefore, spring cleaning means clearing and cleaning, balancing and harmonizing the energy in and around you. You can:
• Use sage or frankincense, or another incense, to clear the energies around you just as you used clear your closets.
• Use a crystal to clear your personal field just as you did with your closets.
• Use color to shift the energies in your immediate field. Visualize yourself bathed in whatever color you intuitively feel you need to either clean the field or balance it. You might then feel the need for a second color infusion to bring you the frequencies you need after the space has been cleared.
• Use sound to clear, balance and refresh the field you are working, such as the sound of a human voice deliver an “Om,” the sound of a Tibetan bell ringing pure and clear or the sound of a crystal bowl, humming with vibration.
Any or all of these tools will assist your clearing process. Face the March winds and spring flowers knowing you can cope with whatever comes your way, physically and energetically. You are in charge of your reality.
Author and energetics expert Elaine Seiler is at the forefront of explaining humanity’s “energetic evolution” and how we can cope and thrive in the face of rapid change. Seiler is a life and career coach, researcher, mother and grandmother. In 1992, after 20 years of work as a career consultant and life coach, she discovered energetics, the study and use of multidimensional energies and their interplay with life on earth. She is the author of Multi-Dimensional You: Exploring Energetic Evolution and Your Multi-Dimensional Workbook: Exercises for Energetic Awakening. For more information, visit www.transformationenergetics.com and www.multi-dimensionalyou.com.