Paradise, California (PRWEB) Feb.15, 2012 — The World Massage Festival (WMF) is now accepting registrations for the 2012 festival in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the 2013 festival aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.
The 2012 WMF will be at the Tuscany Suites & Casino in Las Vegas, Aug. 19 to 22. Student Day is free for students and their chaperones, regardless of school association/affiliation. A special student program is being planned by BioFreeze and Lynda Solien-Wolfe for students, including free lunch, door prizes and workshops.
Registration fees for your choice of up to 26 NCBTMB-approved continuing education hours is $400. This will include four days of events and an exhibition hall full of vendors. More than $15,000 in door prizes will be given out, including a Business Starter Jackpot, which will include nearly everything to start your own practice. All registered therapists will receive two free door prize tickets.
The 2013 Festival will be aboard the Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach, California. Registration is now open. For more details, visit the website at www.worldmassagefestival.com/2013.
The mission of the WMF is to honor those who built the bridges for our profession, to educate the general public about massage, to educate therapists about different types of massage and to have fun.
In Las Vegas, the Massage Therapy Alliance of America will induct the 2012 Massage Therapy Hall of Fame members. Being inducted are: Cindy Ballis, Karina Braun, Eric Brown, James Charlesworth, Scott Dartnall, Robin Fann-Costanzo, Irene Gauthier, Sally Hacking, Ryan Hoyme, Andrea Kelly, David Kent, Mark Lamm, Paul Lewis, Rena Margulis, Karen Menehan, Angie Patrick, Donald M. Petersen Jr., Sharon Puszko, Art Riggs, George Skaroulis, Kevin Snedden, Cherie Sohnen-Moe, Les Sweeney and Ruth Werner.
Industry awards to be presented include:
- Massage School of the Year
- Association of the Year
- Institution of the Year
- Meritorious Service Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Governmental Relations Award
- Founder’s Award
Scholarships to be awarded include:
- First Annual Bonnie Prudden Memorial Scholarship – free registration forever to attend the WMF
- Keith Schaeffer Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 cash prize
- Rocky Mountain School of Animal Acupressure and Massage – full certificate course valued at $1,150
- Charlotte Hooten Memorial Scholarship – fully paid attendance at the 2013 Festival, including lodging and meals
Three deals you can get at the WMF:
- Bring three and get in free
- Attend four consecutive festivals and registration at the 5th is free
- Attend nine consecutive festivals and never pay for registration again
For more information about the WMF, visit www.worldmassagefestival.com.