ABMP INTRODUCES ONLINE
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
Interactive Video, Audio and Exercises Enhance Learning
(Golden, Colo., Dec. 17) — Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) today introduced the ABMP Online Education Center for the convenience of member and nonmember massage therapists and bodyworkers seeking personal growth and advanced education for professional requirements. Located at www.abmp.com, the center houses online educational courses that feature audio, video, and activities to encourage user participation. Dynamic and interactive instructional methods have been shown to strongly enhance learning and make it more enjoyable for the participant.
ABMP’s newly created continuing education courses meet the requirements of the NCBTMB,* and most state boards. ABMP requires 16 hours of continuing education every two years for its Certified membership level. The center’s initial offering is five courses, with more to be added on an ongoing basis. Courses are $55 for two hours of continuing education credit. An introductory course users can employ to familiarize themselves with the center and learn about myofascial massage (one credit hour) is $15 for nonmembers and complimentary for ABMP members. ABMP members receive substantial discounts on courses; most $55 courses are offered to members for $35.
“Massage therapy professionals will be able to learn and earn CE hours when it’s convenient for them,” said Anne Williams, director of education for ABMP. “Many schools and continuing education providers offer excellent programs, but those sometimes are not convenient from a geographic or schedule standpoint. With this new option, therapists need not interrupt their client time or income flow to stay current with their educational goals and the profession.” The first five courses cover building conducting high-impact client interviews, discovering myofascial massage, enriching the client’s relaxation experience, learning and marketing safe stone massage, and establishing and maintaining client-therapist boundaries. Courses at the ABMP Online Education Center are:
* On-demand. Users can learn at their own pace, on their own schedule, including starting a course and finishing it at a later time.
* Relevant. Courses are developed based on feedback from ABMP members.
* Interactive and Interesting. ABMP member feedback indicates massage therapists want more than just a series of slides with a quiz. ABMP’s audio presentations, video clips, interactive learning activities, self-evaluations, input from expert roundtables and a variety of formats and resources make learning effective and fun.
* On the House. The introductory course (complimentary to ABMP members), “Experience ABMP’s E-Learning While Discovering Myofascial Massage,” is NCBTMB-approved.
* Credit-card friendly. Courses can be accessed quickly and paid for with major credit cards. A certificate of completion is immediately printable and ABMP member profiles are automatically updated in ABMP’s member database to reflect course completion. Also featured at the ABMP Online Education Center is a dynamic, profession-wide continuing education calendar ABMP members can use to access additional online and traditional course options, often at a discount.
Members can search courses by date, location and modality. Educators can purchase an annual subscription to advertise on the calendar by contacting Jodi Hardee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-458-2267, ext. 621.
ABMP is the nation’s largest membership association serving massage therapists and bodyworkers. ABMP promotes ethical practice, fosters acceptance of the profession and protects the rights of legitimate practitioners. Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Golden, Colo., ABMP has more than 70,000 massage therapist members.
# # #
*National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
Nora Brunner, MA, APR
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals