The Alliance for Massage Therapy Education (AFMTE) is now accepting teaching portfolio applications for the Certified Educator of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (CETMB) credential. Classroom teachers and CE providers who feel they meet the Core Competencies of the National Teacher Education Standards for Massage Therapy Teachers may now submit their portfolio of evidence.
A review of the Core Competencies can be found here at the AFMTE website.
The portfolio requirements consist of:
- List of Formal Education, Teaching Experience, and Licenses/Registrations/Certifications
- Any Applicable Teacher Training, Professional Affiliations, and Special Recognition/Awards (optional)
- Statement of Interest
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Documentation from a Classroom or CE Course (including Syllabus or Course Outline, Two Lesson Plans, Evidence of Formative and Summative Assessments, examples of Graded Student Assessments, and Instructor Evaluations)
- Two Short Teaching Videos
Peer reviewers use these portfolio items to evaluate the applicant’s competency in each of the 10 National Teacher Education Standards that were published by the AFMTE pursuant to the National Teacher Education Standards Project in 2013.
Visit the AFMTE website for more details on this new certification, eligibility, the portfolio items, and to download an informational packet.