SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, an approved provider for continuing education by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), has announced a new course offering: Sound and Art: Using the Eyes and Ears to Heal.
Sound and Art: Using the Eyes and Ears to Heal (2 contact hours; $20. Expiration date: Sept. 11, 2015.)
Course description: Music and art have tremendous healing powers. Creative expression offers patients and staff the ability to heal on multiple levels. Understanding of the intricate relationship between stress and the health of our body, mind and spirit continues to grow, and we have discovered that healing therapies that incorporate art and music can actually change a person’s physiology. They connect individuals and communities, as well.
The goal of this course is to examine the role of art and music in health, explore the role of music and music therapy in healing, discuss the effects of art and art therapy on health, and describe how music and art can be incorporated effectively into healing environments.
Learning objectives: Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between health and creativity with art and music.
- Identify the basic components of sound.
- Describe the role of music throughout history.
- Explain the effects of music on physical, emotional and spiritual health.
- Explain music therapy and its modalities.
- Describe sound healing and its modalities.
- Define noise and the noise levels of various common sounds.
- Identify the health effects of noise.
- Describe ways to reduce noise in healing environments.
- Explain the role of art in healing.
- Explain art therapy and its role in healing.
- Identify the health effects of art and art therapy.
- Describe methods of incorporating art into healing environments.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions began in 1994 as a developer of more than 200 vocational, baccalaureate and master’s-level degree programs for schools and colleges. ALLEGRA quickly expanded, creating more than 300 online courses and content for more than 2,000 U.S. schools and colleges, customizing content for publishers, writing two highly successful books and achieving national endorsements for the quality of their work. ALLEGRA’s courses and certificates have been nationally accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation, the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and other accrediting agencies. For a complete list of courses, visit www.allegralearning.com.