One of the nation’s largest massage associations this week released a recap of its top accomplishments in 2011. Among the achievements noted by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) were:
• the association’s release of annual research on the massage therapy profession
• publication of health care career success guides
• growth of the association’s mentoring program
• a partnership with the American Heart Association
• the association’s National Massage Therapy Awareness Week
• election of a national board of directors
For more information about these and more stories, visit www.amtamassage.org.