NEW YORK, Oct. 9 /PRNewswire/ — Cancer and Careers is proud to announce that this October, more extraordinary beauty companies will step up to help thousands of working women with cancer continue their everyday work — and lives — while undergoing cancer treatment. This year, Cancer and Careers (CAC) will be the beneficiary of a percentage of sales from these innovative products:
- Bare Escentuals Believe Eyecolor: Through the BE Cares program, all purchases of this lovely ice-blue shadow in Sept. and Oct. will contribute toward a $25,000 donation to CAC.
- Decleor’s Lip Balm and Cleansing Wipes: Decleor will donate $1,000 of October sales of these gentle, nourishing aromatherapy products.
- DuWop Pink Shimmer Lip Venom: DuWop will donate $2,500 from the October sales of this incredibly popular lip plumper.
- En Pointe Skin Solutions: A percentage of sales from the entire line of these unique products in the month of October will be donated to CAC.
- Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Satin Eyecolor in Peony: Shiseido will donate $5 for every October sale of this pale pink creation from Dick Page, Shiseido Artistic Director.
- SUNDARI Special Edition Holiday Gift Sets: 2 percent of proceeds of the Commitment, Perseverance, and Dedication gift sets will be donated throughout Sept. and Oct. 2009.
- 3LAB Perfect Neck Cream: 10 percent of the proceeds of sales of this hydrating, firming cream will be donated to Cancer and Careers throughout Oct. and Nov. 2009.
- Tribal Societe: Tribal Societe will donate a portion of proceeds of online sales of tribal artisan accessories throughout October.
In addition, Beauty.com will be running a series of promotions in October to benefit Cancer and Careers. More than thirty Beauty.com brands will donate a portion of proceeds of sales to CAC, and throughout the month Beauty.com will feature information for cancer survivors, special discounts, and opportunities to contribute to CAC. Please contact us if you’d like more details.
These generous companies are committed to helping Cancer and Careers continue to provide necessary resources to employees with cancer, their coworkers and healthcare providers. Their participation, in addition to providing financial support, helps us spread the word to countless women who every day balance life, work, and cancer treatment.
About Cancer and Careers
Cancer and Careers is the only program of its kind, solely dedicated to changing the face of cancer in the workplace by providing a comprehensive website, free publications, career coaching, and a series of support groups and educational seminars for employees with cancer and their employers, healthcare providers, coworkers and caregivers. Our mission is to bring together all of the resources, sources of support and information available and make them accessible on our website, in doctors’ offices and through educational events, so that every employee with cancer can find the critical information they need to continue to work.
Cancer and Careers’ Living and Working with Cancer workbook, available free of charge in English and Spanish, has been distributed to more than 70,000 cancer survivors in all 50 states and internationally. Cancerandcareers.org informs more than 132,000 visitors per year, providing interactive tools and essential information for employees with cancer. In addition, the Managing through Cancer Pioneers program helps employers face the challenge of cancer in the workplace. Member companies enhance their own workplace culture, while also demonstrating their commitment to setting a standard of support for all employees battling the disease.