SEDONA, Ariz. — Body Bliss will be celebrated by the International SPA Association (ISPA) at the upcoming 2014 ISPA Conference & Expo with an ISPA Innovate Award, which is given to spa industry leaders with innovative and successful spa-related initiatives.
“Innovation is the driving force behind growth in the spa industry,” ISPA President Lynne McNees said. “Recognizing the innovation that is occurring within ISPA’s membership will encourage and inspire future ideas.”
Body Bliss, a leader in formulation and production of natural and therapeutic spa products, will be represented by founder and chief botanist Nick James, who will focus on the topic “technology that makes authentic aromatherapy truly personal.”
“Body Bliss is pleased to be the recipient of an ISPA Product Innovate Award, representing the intersection of technology and aromatherapy,” James said. “We are proud of our Aroma Design Bar and Intentional Aromatherapy™ App. Body Bliss partners are able to easily integrate custom aromatherapy alchemy into spa treatments and spa retail.”
Other ISPA Innovate Award winners by category:
Business Practices Innovate Award winners
- COOLA Suncare, located in San Diego, California. Represented by Chris Birchby, founder and chief executive officer, focusing on “mobile POS for products and spa poolside.”
- East Village Spa, located in Des Moines, Iowa. Represented by Cassie Sampson, owner, focusing on “employees with disabilities find perfect spa employment.”
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, located in Corona, California. Represented by Brad Jensen, operations manager, focusing on “leadership development process ensures employee’s performance success.”
- SpaEquip Inc., located in Calistoga, California. Represented by Philippe Therene, founder, focusing on “the gift of spa experiences for all.”
- The Spa at the Breakers, located in Palm Beach, Florida. Represented by Amy Retay, director of spa operations, focusing on “measurement tool to reward service provider’s performance.”
Experiences Innovate Award winners
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, located in Tallebudgera Valley, Queensland, Australia, Represented by Tracy Willis, marketing and public relations director, focusing on “sensory spa experience with live drumming.”
- Montage Resort & Spa, located in Laguna Beach, California. Represented by Michael Conte, spa director, focusing on “hand crafted experiences with organic garden ingredients.”
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, located in Ojai, California. Represented by Gloria Ah Sam, spa director, focusing on “safe treatment modifications for oncology spa guests.”
- Spa Gregorie’s, located in Newport Beach, California. Represented by Amanda Manwaring, spa manager, focusing on “inspirational letters inspire spa guests to pay it forward.”
- The Spa at Pinehurst, located in Pinehurst, North Carolina. Represented by Jennifer Roche, spa director, focusing on “contemplative sand painting: a mindful group workshop.”
Product Innovate Award winners
- Belmond the Inn at Perry Cabin, located in St. Michaels, Maryland. Represented by Denise Haddaway, spa director, focusing on “honey-based, all natural bee products.”
- Mio Skincare, located in Huntington Beach, California. Represented by Mara Stern, marketing, focusing on “liquid yoga restorative bath soak treatment.”
- Osea Skincare, located in Malibu, California. Represented by Jenefer Palmer, chief seaweed officer, focusing on “skin and body-care made like fine wine.”
- ResortSuite, located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Represented by Frank Pitsikalis, founder and chief executive officer, focusing on “spa guest check-in and questionnaire tablet app.”
The ISPA Conference & Expo Innovate Session will be held at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 15 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aselect group of award recipients will share their innovations with ISPA Conference attendees. Attendees can register for the ISPA Conference & Expo by visiting attendispa.com.
About Body Bliss
Body Bliss, headquartered in Sedona, Arizona, is the U.S.-based industry leader in formulation and production of natural and therapeutic spa products. The Body Bliss Aroma Design Lab and Intentional Aromatherapy™ App provide turn-key, customized spa treatment protocols and training. Body Bliss delivers global solutions to prestigious partners, including Well & Being Spa at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Waldorf Astoria, Miraval, Montage, Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons and Enchantment Resorts.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.