From the MASSAGE Magazine article, “C’mon, Get Happy!” by editorial staff, in the November 2009 issue. Article summary: When it comes to quality and length of life, what we believe matters. Researchers found optimistic women live longer and healthier lives than pessimistic women, and women who tend not to trust other people die sooner than their less cynical counterparts.
• Deepak Chopra: The Happiness Prescription (DVD) (Gaiam, 2008)
• When Life Deals Lemons, Make Lemonade: Proven Techniques For A Liberated Life, by Jay Bose (CreateSpace, 2009)
• Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill, by Matthieu Ricard and Daniel Goleman (Little, Brown and Company, 2007)
• Happiness 101 with Tal Ben-Shahar (DVD) (PBS, 2009)
• Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth, by Ed Diener and Robert Biswas-Diener (Wiley-Blackwell, 2008)
• Stumbling on Happiness, by Daniel Gilbert (Vintage, 2007)