From the MASSAGE Magazine article, “Lymph Formation,” by Joachim E. Zuther, in the September 2009 issue. Article summary: The lymphatic system is represented by a network of vessels, tissues, organs and cells by which lymph fluid is able to flow from the tissue spaces back into the bloodstream. Like the cardiovascular system, it is interactive with every organ and directly related to the body’s immune function and efficiency.
• Textbook for Comprehensive Lymphedema Management, by Joachim Zuther, Thieme, 2004
• Lymphatic Drainage (DVD) with Sean Riehl, Real Bodywork, 2004
• Your Key to Good Health: Unlocking the Power of Your Lymphatic System, by Elaine Hruska, ARE Press, 2008
• Milady’s Guide to Lymph Drainage Massage, by Ramona Moody, Milady, 2003
• Foundations of Manual Lymph Drainage, by Michael Foldi and Roman Strossenreuther, Mosby, 2004
• Lymphedema Management: The Comprehensive Guide for Practitioners, by Joachim Zuther (Editor), Thieme New York, 2004
• Compendium of Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage, by Gunther Wittlinger and Hildegard Wittlinger, George Thieme Verlag, 1998