Today the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) announced eligibility criteria for the new Board Certification Credential. The requirements include:
• Passing the new Board Certification Exam
• 750 hours of education (this includes hours from your core program along with CE from an NCBTMB Assigned School, Approved Provider or courses taken from an accredited college or university)
• 250 hours of documented hands-on massage, actual work experience; 25 hours of volunteer massage may be applied to the 250 hours. Hours must be achieved after graduation and in no less than six months
• Passing a national background check
• Agreeing to uphold NCBTMB’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
• Maintaining current CPR certification
• Signing an anti-human trafficking pledge
Currently certified massage therapists can achieve the new Board Certification Credential by meeting the new Board Certification eligibility criteria (above) at the time of their next recertification date. By meeting this new criteria, they will be exempt from taking the Board Certification Exam.
For more information on NCBTMB’s new Board Certification Credential go to the website at http://www.ncbtmb.org/board_certification.php or call (800) 296-0664.