It is important to gather energy and build a reserve in order to conduct a healing session. Depleted energy levels can lead to burnout, illness and injury. A higher energy reserve keeps you healthy and resilient.
The following ideas help to build energy before you start your day of massage, or if your energy level drops in the middle of the day.
1. Move the body in different planes to get energy moving through the meridians
- Perform flexion/extension of the spine, neck rolls, arm circumduction, flexion/extension of the fingers and toes, flexion/extension of the knee, ankle rotations and hip rotations.
2. Maintain flexibility in the main muscle groups of the body
- Stretch the quadriceps, hamstrings, hip rotators, internal and external rotators of the shoulder, pectoralis and levators of the shoulder.
3. Use visualization
- Visualize energy flowing through your body from the earth, up through your feet and to the crown of your head.
- As you visualize, take deep breaths and let oxygen flow throughout your body as you open the body on an inhale breath and release any negative energy on the exhale breath.
4. Utilize shielding
- When entering the treatment room, place a shield around your body’s energy and make sure to set an intention for the therapeutic setting. Place your hands on your client and focus on the purpose of the session. Keep in mind that energy follows thought as you let healing energy flow through you and into the client.
5. Ending the session
- At the conclusion of the session, hold the clients feet and hold the intention of grounding and sealing the energy. Visualize cutting the energetic cord and wash your hands with cold water to end the session.
Karina Braun wrote the innovative book, Creating Peace with Your Hands, which includes insightful strategies for self-care and injury prevention. For more information, visit www.igetintouch.com.