If you are having trouble falling asleep because of busy thoughts that won’t allow you to relax and forget the hectic day you had, try making this natural aromatherapy pillow, filled with flower essences that promote mental relaxation and restful sleep.
Cotton zippered pillowcase
1/3 pound of rose petals,
1/3 pound of chamomile flowers
1/3 pound of lavender petals
- De-clump and mix aromatherapy flowers together; remove stems or prickly objects.
- Pour mixture into a cotton pillowcase with zipper and shake together until mixed.
- Smooth out pillow so that ingredients are evenly distributed
- Place aromatherapy pillow with mixture into a clean fresh pillowcase and place on top of your regular sleeping pillow.
- As you make your bed, cover pillows with top blanket to allow scent from your aromatherapy pillow to seep down into your regular sleeping pillow during the day.
- When you’re ready for bed, remove the aromatherapy pillow from on top of your pillow, and rest in the aroma left behind.
- Breathe deeply and relax. Sweet dreams.
— Kellye Davis is a lifestyle correspondent, seminar leader, certified yoga instructor and Level-II Reiki healer. She is the author of The Bliss Principle: 5 Easy Ways to Reduce Stress, Vanguard, 2005. Learn more about her at www.takingcareofyou.com.