NAPLES, FL — Elements Therapeutic Massage of Naples, located in The Collection at Vanderbilt, 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Suite 146, Naples, Florida, is donating $5.00 for every massage session given during the month of October 2009 to FORCE, Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered.
Schedule a massage session during the month of October 2009 to support FORCE! Doreen Zeneski, Owner of Elements Therapeutic Massage, is a cancer survivor who was diagnosed at the age of 36 with breast cancer. Doreen has set up a donation page in memory of her mother Judy Koch who passed away from breast and ovarian cancer. Doreen carries the BRCA 1 gene which gave her an 87% chance of getting breast cancer and a 47% chance of getting ovarian cancer. “I have had to make some very tough decisions based on my genetic mutation and FORCE was there to support me through the process. I don’t know what I would have done without this great organization.” Doreen said.
Please make donations to support FORCE at: http://www.firstgiving.com/elements
FORCE’s Mission is: To improve the lives of individuals and families affected by hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
To this end, FORCE has eight mission objectives:
- To provide women with resources to determine whether they are at high risk for breast and ovarian cancer due to genetic predisposition, family history, or other factors.
- To provide information about options for managing and living with these risk factors.
- To provide support for women as they pursue these options.
- To provide support for families facing these risks.
- To raise awareness of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
- To represent the concerns and interests of our high-risk constituency to the cancer advocacy community, the scientific and medical community, the legislative community, and the general public.
- To promote research specific to hereditary cancer.
- To reduce disparities among underserved populations by promoting access to information, resources and clinical trials specific to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer.
Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered
16057 Tampa Palms Blvd. W, PMB #373
Tampa, FL 33647
About elements therapeutic massage
Located at 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Suite 146 in The Collection at Vanderbilt, Elements Therapeutic Massage currently offers several different types of therapeutic massage. Each type of massage is performed by a licensed massage therapist (LMT). The studio is open 7 days a week, from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm Monday through Friday and from 9:00 am until 7:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (239) 514-2211 or visit www.etmnaples.com.