Massage therapists and bodyworkers can find business success during the holidays. Here are several ways to market your massage practice and profit during this fruitful time of year.
1. Create an overarching promotional plan that takes into account what promotions you’ll be running and when. Map out opportunities you want to take advantage of on a calendar. For example, will you be running a Christmas promotion? Make sure you don’t inundate clients with too many promotions, but do make sure to take advantage of all your promotional opportunities. Strike a balance.
2. Customize gift certificates for holidays. Relevant, seasonal designs are more enticing to purchase. Customers will be driven to gifts that reflect the occasion they’re purchasing for. Make sure you add your logo to all of your gift certificates and cards to increase brand recognition.
3. Email your customer base to keep them in the loop about your holiday plans, promotions and events. The holidays aren’t only about bringing in new clients. You want to get previous clients back in your massage practice or spa, so make sure you keep them in the loop.
4. Create a social media plan. Tackle this by creating a content calendar. Strategize and draft posts in advance to optimize your plan. Do you plan on updating the imagery on your profiles? If so, post those updates now.
5. Think about décor and your environment. Keep your clientele in mind when planning your holiday décor. What sorts of things would make them feel most comfortable and welcome? If you plan to set up a holiday retail display, do so now and make sure it’s cohesive with your overall décor.
6. Establish and clearly display your holiday hours. Share this information with your staff and the general public. Post this information in your practice, on your website and across your social media profiles to keep clients in the loop.
7. Upsell with retail displays and sampling. Retail sales consisted of nearly 13 percent of total sales for SpaBooker clients in December 2012. Make sure you’re prepared to take advantage of this opportunity with holiday-focused retail displays and sampling. Upselling clients and gift buyers alike can be a great way to boost revenue.
8. Update your website with special holiday info. You’ll want to add any news and operational items such your holidays hours, promotions and special events.
9. Identify VIPs and reward them. The holidays are a great time to say thank you to some of your most valuable and loyal clients. Send them an email with an offer for a free gift or percentage off a service to make them feel appreciated.
10. Give back to your community with a charity initiative. ‘Tis the season of giving, after all. Find an organization that has some significance to you, and join with them for an event.
These tips were contributed by SalonBooker, salon-management software that unifies the essential components of salon management into a single Web-based platform accessible from any Internet-connected device. For more information, visit www.salonbooker.com.