Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) – Inner Fluid Dynamics
Lymph Drainage Therapy is a cutting edge hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO.
It was created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
LDT1 takes traditional lymph drainage techniques and adds a level of precision. LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. Skilled practitioners with developed listening skills can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels.
LDT practitioners use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…). Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements.
These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
This class is to prepare practitioners to later be able to “map” the lymphatic pathways with their hands (Manual Lymphatic Mapping) as well as identify precise areas of the body where there is fluid stagnation or fibrosis, and then find the most appropriate pathways for drainage.
CEUs: 24 hours for numerous health professions
• Relief of subacute and chronic pain
• Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
• Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
• Detoxification of the body
• Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
• Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
• Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
• Anti-aging effects
• And many other benefits
This is an introductory class.
Please contact us for special needs requests.
Please Note: LDT1 does not certify therapists to work on lymphedema. The first level of lymphedema certification is LLCC1 (LDT Lymphedema/CDP Certification).