Sunday, December 4, 2016
9:00am to 4:00pm
6 CE hours
$140 until November 19th, $160 after
with JoAnn Kovaly
Developed by JoAnn Kovaly, Ligament Influenced Fascial Technique (L.I.F.T.) utilizes the ligament system to release and reset abnormal tension patterns within the fascial and muscular systems. This revolutionary myofascial technique is easy on the client and therapist and can create immediate change in alignment and function.
L.I.F.T. Method Objectives
• Learn about the new and emerging science behind ligaments and their role in musculoskeletal tension patterns.
• Learn about the role of the fascial system and the common patterns of pathology found with in the fascial lines.
• Learn objective testing of the fascia and muscles to accurately document, educate, and obtain reimbursement for acute and chronic pain conditions.
• Learn about the role of tensegrity in the human structure and how three dimensional balancing of the entire body can affect long term change in pathological patterns.
• Learn simple techniques to stimulate the ligaments and reset dysfunctional movement patters that are easy on the client and practitioner.
Because fascial function is systemic, we believe the body always needs to be treated three dimensionally and highly suggest therapists take the entire series. It is always fascinating to see how the body responds fascialy to the work. Often a practitioner will test the fascial systems ability to lengthen via Myofascial Length Testing (MFLT is part of your training) and work on only the area showing the most restriction. Upon retesting, the therapist will find areas not addressed have totally resolved.
The Arms and Hands
Like the feet are the gateway to the axial fascial system, the hands are the gateway to the arm fascial lines. Assess, test and treat simply, quickly and painlessly. Treat the hands and watch all of the arm lines open up!