NM1 is a specialized course focusing on the impact of trauma and whiplash.
- Study the three primary areas of trauma as they relate to whiplash: physical laws, evaluation and treatment.
- Learn the appropriate anatomy and physiology for treatment of whiplash and trauma conditions.
- Learn to locate and release restrictions along the meningeal system.
- Assess injuries to the soft tissues of the cervical region and learn treatment protocols for optimal release.
- Learn tests to determine restriction patterns of the cervicobrachial region.
- Understand how whiplash creates restriction patterns throughout the body.
- Identify techniques that encompass the whole body, as the whole body receives collision forces in a whiplash injury, not just the cervical spine.
- Learn to evaluate restrictions in the lumbosacral region.
- Discover new applications of visceral manipulation principles and techniques as they can be utilized for patients presenting whiplash and other conditions involving trauma.
- Compare treatment sequence and tests for whiplash and traumatic injuries.
Jean-Pierre Barral’s Neural Manipulation is not just another manual therapy that we add to our work, but rather it is a “style” of communicating with the body. We are doing all of these techniques, not to FIX something in the body but rather to ‘wake up a little something’ as Jean-Pierre Barral says over and over again.
Barral says, “What we are wanting to do is to give the body a clear message.” “To be specific in a short time.” He says these things over and over. These are his messages of proprioceptive communication – his unique style and approach to working with patients. To have and hold this deep appreciation of the messages of the body. To hear him say, “Ahh you know, you can fool yourself with your stories; only the tissues know.”