June 25 & 26, 2016
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
18 CE hours
In this workshop you will learn a variety of hand techniques during hands-on supervised training sessions. Tui –Na is based on an understanding of the way the body rejuvenates itself through the movement of qi , resulting in abundant qi and whole health. It is vigorous in nature and deep without the pain. It helps with conditions that can require physical therapy, osteopathy, chiropractic or sports therapy. You will become versatile in broadening your scope of practice. Effects of this bodywork can be deeper and longer-lasting than conventional Western massage. Tui-na and Anma is also used to treat internal diseases not normally treated by massage. Tui-na is the forerunner of modern Western massage. You can easily blend this therapy with Western medical massage or use it on its own.
In this course, we will learn:
• How to harness the bio-magnetic force called in Qi in Qi-Gong
• Basic assessment by palpation of the meridians and points
• How to dredge meridians of pain, normalize yin and yang, regulate internal organs and invigorate vital energy
• Important Qi – gate points and meridians associated with good health
• Hara/visceral massage and organ massage
• How to perform Qi-Gong meditation for better vitality
• How to perform self-maintenance and prevent burnout in massage therapy