Members of Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP), the nation’s largest professional massage membership organization, participated in the 14th Annual Everybody Deserves a Massage Week July 20 to 26, throughout the United States.
The ABMP provides therapists promotional materials to help in hosting their individual events, which usually benefit local charities.
• Hamburg, New Jersey: Massage therapists Stacy Owens and Nicole Linfoot of Grano Chiropractic & Wellness volunteered free 30-minute massages to senior citizens. (Source: Advertiser-News, Hamburg, New Jersey.)
• Salina, Kansas: Clients received free chair massages from therapists with Feet Retreat, Blue Heron Massage, Massage at Abracadabra and In Touch Therapy, and had the opportunity to donate to the Pregnancy Service Center. (Source: The Salina Journal.)
• Traverse City, Michigan: Massage therapist Chelsey Schlicht offered complimentary chair massages in return for donations to Goodwill Industries. (Source: Record Eagle.)
• Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: Massage therapists from Breaktime Massage gave free 10-minute chair massages to raise donations for the American Cancer Society. (Source: York Daily Record.)
• St. Louis, Missouri: Therapists at Prolong Symmetry knocked 15 percent off the regular price of massage sessions, and 10 percent of gratuities benefited the Scleroderma Foundation. Clients were asked to bring in a canned good to be donated to homeless shelters. Source: The Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Missouri.)
• Charleston, Indiana: Massage therapist Heather Duncan provided massage in exchange for donations to Supporting Heroes, which supports widows of fire, police and EMS workers. (Source: News & Tribune.)