To help prevent injury and utilize proper ergonomics during a massage session, here are five reasons why massage therapists should use a power-adjustable treatment table.
- They are easier to adjust in height than standard treatment tables, so you are more likely to adjust them for every client.
- They often have a greater adjustment range than manually-adjustable tables.
- You can change the height for different techniques, such as moving from light to deep work during a session.
- When you reposition the client into a side-lying or seated position, you can lower the table to account for the change in the height of the client’s body relative to you.
- You can raise or lower the table to allow mobility-impaired or shorter clients to more easily get on and off.
Reproduced with permission from Save Your Hands! The Complete Guide to Injury Prevention and Ergonomics for Manual Therapists, 2nd Edition , C.E.A.S., and Richard W. Goggins, C.P.E., L.M.P., © 2008 Gilded Age Press, www.saveyourhands.com.