NEW YORK, September 6, 2011 – Gaiam Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media, has announced the release of Rodney Yee’s Daily Yoga, now available on DVD. Yee has developed a program utilizing five distinct practices designed to guide users through their busy week, improving their lives along the way.
“Rodney Yee is the most recognized name in yoga and we’re excited to partner again with him to release Rodney Yee’s Daily Yoga,” says William S. Sondheim, president of Gaiam. “He continues to inspire and innovate, introducing five styles of yoga that consumers can learn and practice week after week.”
Each day, Yee introduces viewers to a different style of yoga, designed for a specific purpose.
- Day One: Build the Foundation (Iyengar) focuses on body alignment and form.
- Day Two: Energize (vinyasa) delivers a flow practice that burns calories while increasing stamina and endurance.
- Day Three: Strengthen the Core yoga practice is geared toward getting centered physically and mentally.
- Day Four: Clean it Out (Ashtanga) is a progressive series of movements that help to detox the organs, resulting in a light, strong body and a calm mind.
- Day Five: Calm Down (Restorative) focuses on relaxing the body in restful poses giving you the chance to heal and renew.
Included with the purchase of the DVD is a link to a bonus digital download called Rodney’s Reflections, in which Yee introduces simple meditations that serve to supplement each daily practice.
Rodney Yee’s Daily Yoga has an approximate runtime of 100 minutes and is available now in stores and online with a suggested retail price of $14.98.
About Rodney Yee
Rodney Yee, based in New York City, is one of the most sought-after yoga instructors in the world. Yee’s Yoga for Beginners ranks among the top 10 best-selling fitness DVDs. For more than 15 years, he has taught advanced yoga training courses across the country. Yee is a former gymnast and ballet dancer with the Oakland Ballet Company and the Matsuyama Ballet Company and studied philosophy and physical therapy at the University of California Davis and Berkeley. Yee has appeared on Oprah, the PBS special “The Practical Power of Yoga” and contributes to a variety of yoga and healthy lifestyle publications including Yoga Journal, Self, Shape and Fitness.
Gaiam Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, with a 67,000 door retail distribution network, more than 12,000 store within stores, a digital distribution platform and more than 8 million direct customers. With dominant share of the fitness and wellness market, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for the many facets of healthy, eco-conscious living. For more information, visit www.gaiam.com or call (800) 869-3603.