2008 New York Spa & Resort Expo and Conference and Medical Aesthetics Conference and Expo offer attendees the latest in spa and aesthetic products and information
NEW YORK – The event that continuously delivers the latest and greatest in spa, resort and medical aesthetics innovations– and now the only event designed to encompass the green spa community returns to New York City, September 20-22, 2008. This year, the 2008 Spa & Resort Expo and Conference, and Medical Aesthetics Conference and Expo will bring new features to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. In addition to offering the latest breakthroughs in cosmetic and medical procedures, new product launches, outstanding keynote speakers, and networking opportunities, the GreenSpa Expo and “The Edge” pavilion will debut at the event.
Seventy-six percent of U.S. spas indicate that they are applying environmentally sustainable practices. The new GreenSpa Expo, sponsored by Organic Spa magazine, will offer a platform for spas and medical spas to display their green spa products and services. The products that will be displayed contain no animal derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. There will be three categories: green, natural and organic. Products that qualify as “green” products are eco-friendly and consist of recycled or post consumer materials and renewable resources; “natural” products have been made with no artificial ingredients; “organic” products were made without the use of chemical pesticides, fertilizers, antibiotics, or genetically modified organisms.
Also debuting at the 2008 Spa & Resort Expo and Conference, and Medical Aesthetics Conference and Expo is “The Edge” pavilion, an opportunity for new exhibitors to showcase their unique products and services. “The Edge” will provide attendees with one-stop convenience to view boutique, niche products and services that are often left out of mainstream shows.
“We are very excited to debut these two new pavilions in New York this fall,” said Nancy Largay, event vice president of the Spa & Resort Expo and Conference, and Medical Aesthetic Conference and Expo. “The Spa & Resort Expo and Conference, and the Medical Aesthetic Conference and Expo have proven once again the ability to offer spa and medical spa professionals the latest and greatest in the industry. As spas and medical spas are increasingly taking the initiative to integrate green products and services, the GreenSpa Expo offers a platform for them to display these positive environmental steps. In addition, The Edge pavilion will provide additional convenience to both exhibitors and attendees.”
In addition to the new pavilions, there will be many other features that spa, resort and medical aesthetic professionals will not want to miss. A few of them include:
- Best in Show Awards – The new products of the show will be judged by the editorial team from Spa Finder magazine and awards will be given to the best new spa product and the best new medical aesthetics product. “New and Notable” product winners will also be announced.
- Spa Sanctuary – The successful Spa Sanctuary, which donated proceeds from the Los Angeles Spa & Resort Expo and Conference, and Medical Aesthetics Conference and Expo to the Skin Cancer Foundation, returns to give attendees luxurious and charitable spa treatments. A number of 10 – 15 minute treatments, such as relaxing massages, pedicures, facials and many more will be offered. This year, proceeds will be donated to Spa Cares, the industry’s first organized charitable giving resource.
- Industry Expert Panel Debates – Engaging and relevant, the panel debates will feature leading authorities in the medical aesthetics and spa industries, and cover topics from laser, light therapy and body contouring to cosmeceuticals, massage and esthetician issues.
- The Green Room – Special events, such as tea tastings, yoga and breathing exercises make this a special treat for attendees and a relaxing escape from the busy show floor.
- The Media Speak Out – A lively event each year, the highly-regarded panel of editors from some of the nation’s top publications shares what they look for in choosing spas, medical spas, equipment, products, and new treatments to cover, and then answers questions posed to them.
- Networking Roundtable Event – Offering a one-on-one forum with industry experts minus the consulting fees, the roundtable discusses hot topics, such as increasing revenue through retailing, economical products, the cost of going green, FAQs, and more.
Presented by Reed Exhibitions, the Spa & Resort Expo and Conference and Medical Aesthetics Conference and Expo are the fastest-growing events in the spa and medical aesthetics industries, and they continually improve each year.
For more information about the 2008 New York the Spa & Resort Expo and Conference and Medical Aesthetics Conference and Expo at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City, September 20-22, 2008, please visit www.spaandresortexpony.com or www.medaestheticsconferenceny.com.
For information about becoming an exhibitor in any of the meetings, please contact Group Sales Director Ed Gallo at 203-840-5446.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer. In 2006, Reed brought together over six million industry professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today, Reed events are held in 34 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and are organized by 37 fully staffed offices.
Reed organizes a wide range of events, including exhibitions, conferences, congresses and meetings. Its portfolio of over 460 events serves 52 industry sectors, including: Aerospace and defense, building and construction, design, electronics, energy, oil and gas, entertainment, food and hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT/telecoms, jeweler, manufacturing, marketing and business services, pharmaceuticals, property, publishing, security, sport and recreation, transport and logistics, travel.
Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a FTSE-100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider. In 2005, Reed Elsevier made adjusted profit before taxation of £1,002 million on turnover of £5,166 million.