Plano, TX (PRWEB) August 31, 2011– The first live, interactive webinar is scheduled for Sept. 30 at 8 a.m. CST, in conjunction with recent Rehab Rally speaker Theresa Schmidt, P.T., O.C.S., L.M.T., C.E.A.S., C.Hy.
Webinar Title: Integrated Neuromuscular Re-Education: Positional Release. During this four-hour live interactive online educational seminar, Theresa Schmidt will discuss the following key objectives:
- Theoretical basis and evidence-based research for positional release/strain-counterstrain
- Musculoskeletal system assessment using palpation to identify trigger points (TPs)
- Positions that reduce the pain and sensitivity of TPs to allow relaxation of abnormal muscle tension
- Application of positional release techniques as part of a treatment plan to reduce painful trigger points and spasm, and to improve range of motion and function
- The theoretical basis and evidence-based research for muscle energy (MET) /proprioceptive neuromuscular re-education (PNF)
- Identification of positions to stretch restricted joints to improve range of motion (based on prior knowledge of goniometry and/or flexibility testing)
- Application of post-isometric relaxation and autogenic inhibition MET to improve flexibility and reduce painful muscle tension
- Application of MET/PNF techniques to facilitate contraction/recruitment of weak or inhibited muscles
- Application of muscle energy/PNF as part of a treatment plan to improve range of motion, strength and function
This program will cover clinical application to the upper and lower body.
About the speaker: Theresa Schmidt
Schmidt is the president of Flex Physical Therapy and founder of Educise Resources Inc. and has more than 22 years of experience in orthopedic, sports and neuromuscular rehabilitation. Board-certified in Orthopedic Physical Therapy by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, Schmidt has previously served as faculty for several physical therapy programs, such as Touro College in NY, NY, at Nassau Community College and CUNY Queens College. She has presented nationally for the AMTA, APTA, International Dance and Exercise Association, American Council on Exercise, Council of Licensed Physiotherapists, as well as regionally for the New York State Society of Medical Massage Therapists and the New York College for Holistic Health Education and Research.
Register for the “Integrated Neuromuscular Re-Education: Positional Release” webinar here.
Webinars will add to the growing library of physical rehabilitation related continuing education available from the site, HomeCEUConnection.com. HomeCEUConnection.com provides text based continuing education, seminars on demand (pre-recorded seminar) continuing education, live continuing education events, and now live interactive webinars. The addition of these live online seminars, will allow physical therapists and assistants and occupational therapists and assistants around the country to complete their continuing education requirement in the comfort of their own home, eliminating their need to travel to a live, often lengthy continuing education event. There is additional value for physical therapists and assistants in such states as Florida, Oklahoma and Nebraska, where these live online webinars will meet additional requirements as defined by the state.
Specializing in quality continuing education courses, HomeCEUConnection.com offers CEUs for physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapist assistants, massage therapists, speech language pathologists, athletic trainers and certified strength and conditioning specialists that are convenient, affordable and user-friendly.