Acclaimed health panel shares the benefits of relaxation and massage therapy
Long Beach, CA – August 25, 2010 – Human Touch®, a U.S. market leader of innovative massage chairs, Perfect Chair® Recliners and other wellness solutions, has added five new esteemed experts to its wellness council. The Human Touch® Wellness Council is a group of esteemed experts from across various disciplines dedicated to educating people about how to achieve a healthier and happier life through regular massage, relaxation, sound posture and other wellness practices. Human Touch® Wellness Council members include professional chiropractors, doctors, massage therapists, athletes and fitness experts.
“We are excited to welcome our newest wellness council members, each who provides his own unique points of view and areas of expertise in order to help consumers live better and recognize the benefits that regular massage therapy, relaxation and proper posture can bring to their daily lives,” said Andrew Corkill, director of marketing for Human Touch LLC.
Human Touch’s newest wellness council members include:
- Bill Walton, NCAA, NBA and sportscasting legend: Walton, an NBA Hall of Famer and legendary sports broadcaster, has been a long-time sufferer of chronic back and foot pain. He says his Human Touch® massage chair is a regular and invaluable part of his constant efforts to relieve his pain, increase relaxation and achieve a healthier and more productive life. As a member of the Human Touch® Wellness Council, Walton helps educate others, pain sufferers in particular, about ways to achieve a healthier and more productive lifestyle from his own experiences.
- Dr. Jeffrey Thompson, D.C., neuroacoustic researcher: Thompson is a professional chiropractor who also specializes in researching and developing healing therapies that utilize sound frequencies and vibrations. In addition, Thompson is recognized as a worldwide expert in the field of acoustic pacing frequencies incorporated into musical sound tracks. A consummate musician and composer in his own rite, he has established a method for using modulated sound-pulses for changing states of consciousness for optimal mind-body healing.
- Dr. Hoon C. Kim, L.Ac, Dipl. Ac., Ph D., doctor of acupuncture and Oriental medicine: Kim specializes in acupuncture and oriental medicine, treating patients at his acupuncture and wellness center called Tao of Medicine in Santa Monica, California. His specialization areas include treatment of acute and chronic pain, skin disorders, anxiety, hormonal imbalances, infertility, stroke rehabilitation, weight control and anti-aging. Kim’s practice philosophy is to help people achieve a better quality of life with the least use of medicine alone, including not only disease treatment, but also prevention in mind and body, through qigong, meditation, bodywork, acupuncture, herbs (nutrients) and lifestyle.
- Dr. Jon Stucky, D.C.: Stucky is a chiropractic doctor with a thriving practice in Hyrum, Utah, where he cares for infants, senior citizens, weekend warriors, professional athletes, and more. Born in Minnesota, Stucky is a second generation chiropractor and is the 13th of 17 chiropractors in his extended family with his father and two brothers practicing. He graduated cum laude from Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia in 1993.
- Dr. John K. Maltby, D.C.: A 1977 graduate of the Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, and practicing in Blythe, California, Maltby is a renowned chiropractic doctor and advocate. Beyond his successful practice, he is an experienced and popular instructor and a consultant to individual chiropractic practitioners and companies for documentation and credentials protocols, case-management practices, and chiropractic techniques. He served as past president and chairman of the board of the International Chiropractors Association of California (ICAC), and as the Chair of the Programs Committee for the ICA Council on Applied Chiropractic Sciences. Maltby is the immediate past president of the International Chiropractors Association (ICA), and currently serves as Chairman of the Board. In 2009, Maltby was selected Chiropractor of the Year by the ICA. Additionally, he is a highly requested speaker who regularly lectures worldwide on the many advantages of chiropractic.
Each week, a Human Touch® Wellness Council member offers his or her own health and wellness recommendations on Human Touch’s blog. For regular tips and recommendations on how to live better from Wellness Council experts, visit http://blog.humantouch.com/category/wellness-council/.
About Human Touch®
In pushing the boundaries of its traditional massage chairs and wellness products through advanced proprietary technology and innovation, Human Touch® is focused on infusing health and wellness into everyday lives through high-quality, design-oriented and award-winning massage chairs, Zero-Gravity Perfect Chair® Recliners and other wellness products and solutions. For more information, visit www.humantouch.com.