Lexington, KY. The International SPA Association (ISPA) has announced its 2014 board of directors and officers. Their terms will begin at the first ISPA board meeting this month.
“ISPA thrives on the commitment and dedication of volunteer leaders, as their work promotes the association and the spa industry,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “Having new energy and passion join the team is always a great opportunity for a fresh perspective.”
Each person was elected by the ISPA membership following an extensive nomination and interview process. ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry.
In addition to the new members, the 2014 ISPA board will be led by elected chairman Michael Tompkins, chief executive officer of Miraval Resort and Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
“I am honored to serve as ISPA chairman representing our association, members and dedicated board. It’s a pleasure to work with an association consistently seen as the leader in the spa industry,” said Tompkins.
Executive committee includes:
- Michael Tompkins, chairman, chief executive officer of Miraval Resort and Spa
- Todd Walter, secretary/treasurer, chief executive officer of Red Door Spas
- Immediate past chairman, Ella Stimpson, executive director of spa operations for Wynn and Encore Las Vegas will serve as interim vice chairman
- Frank Pitsikalis, founder and chief executive officer of ResortSuite
Newly elected ISPA board members include:
- Noel Asmar, president and chief executive officer of Noel Asmar Uniforms Inc.
- Ben Campsey, director of finance for Umstead Hotel & Spa
- Blake Feeney, director of spa and salon operations for Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
- Julie Oliff, spa director for Remede Spa at the St. Regis Aspen Resort
- Todd Shaw, director of fitness, tennis and spa for Las Campanas Spa & Tennis Center
Also returning to the board is Todd Hewitt, senior spa director for Four Seasons Toronto and Jeff Kohl, founder of Spa & Club Ideations, serving on the board as chairman of the International SPA Association Foundation.
“As we are excited about our new members, we also would like to thank our retiring board members for their tireless volunteer service and dedication to the industry,” said McNees.
Retiring ISPA board members include:
- Sharilyn Abbajay, founder of The Abbajay Collection
- Sean Handler, director of operations, BABOR
- Thor Holm, director of spa, recreation and fitness at Hammock Beach Resort
- Philippe Therene, founder of SpaEquip Inc.
- Deborah Waldvogel, director of spa development and operations at Sedona Resorts
The application process for the 2015 ISPA board of directors will begin in mid 2014. At that time, a call for candidates will be e-mailed to all ISPA members.
About the International SPA Association
ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry. Founded in 1991, ISPA advances the spa industry by providing invaluable educational and networking opportunities, promoting the value of the spa experience and speaking as the authoritative voice to foster professionalism and growth. More details on ISPA are available on experienceispa.com.