R-U-Ved offers easy, breezy, holistic guidelines to give heat-induced issues the cold shoulder
REDMOND, WA (June 7, 2011) – Hot, sultry summer weather may be great for a tropical vacation—but it can also result in heated emotional and physical health issues, such as irritability, skin rashes, acne, insomnia, burning eyes and acidic digestion.
Dr. Virender Sodhi, an Ayurvedic medical doctor, naturopathic physician and co-founder of R-U-VED® Herbs in Redmond, Washington, explains that with Ayurveda (the “healing side of yoga”), you can offset the heat of the “pitta” (or hot) season by using a soothing, counter-balancing, natural approach.
Sodhi recommends this simple Ayurvedic summer survival kit to maintain optimal health through the hot, humid months—especially for those who already have a fiery, Pitta disposition:
- Drink R-U-Ved ProPita Tea™ to refresh and balance pitta metabolism and digestion. Contains cardamom, holy basil, sandalwood, licorice and cinnamon.
- Apply R-U-Ved Face Pack to the skin to detoxify, clean and provide anti-inflammatory action for blemish-prone or pitta-imbalanced skin, and to create a cooling sensation that leaves skin smooth and soft. Contains Indian glacial clay, turmeric, neem, Rubia cordifolia, sandalwood and rose powder, holy basil and menth piperita.
- Massage the skin with R-U-Ved ProPita Massage Oil™ to balance the mind and body, restore calm and harmony, and keep the skin silky and smooth. Contains sandalwood oil, neem oil, Eclipta alba oil, and lemongrass oil in coconut and sesame oil base.
- Take the herbal dietary supplements R-U-Ved Neem, which offers bug-repellant properties and soothes summer pitta skin, and R-U-Ved Triphala, a powerful antioxidant with bowel-regulating properties, considered the Ayurvedic secret to robust health.
- Eat fresh, seasonal foods that are considered cooling in nature, such as salads, lightly steamed green leafy vegetables, asparagus, cucumbers, juicy summer fruits and even milk.
- Wear and surround yourself with cooling hues, such as blues, greens and white. Avoid sun exposure by wearing hats and sunglasses, and steer clear of outside activities in the heat of the day.
- Meditate about 30 minutes each day to enhance the body-mind-spirit connection.
R-U-VED Products can be found at natural food stores nationwide or at www.ruved.net.
Founded in 1988, R-U-VED is the only Ayurvedic herb company in the U.S. owned and operated by practicing Ayurvedic physicians, who also cultivate the medicinal herbs offered to ensure the utmost in quality and safety standards. Wildcrafted and/or organic, all R-U-VED herbs are manufactured in an ISO and GMP approved facility. R-U-VED is a division of Ayush Herbs, and is located at 2239 152nd Avenue NE; Redmond, WA 98052. Contact the company at (800) 925-1371 or visit www.ruved.net.