by Randi Drinkwater
Somebody out there is waiting to visit your alternative and integrative health-care practice. The question you must ask yourself is, “Do you know who they are?”
And more importantly, do they know who you are?
Bottom line, if you are not identifying your key and most profitable clients, and getting your message out to them, you are missing opportunity: The opportunity to find new clients and, ultimately, long-term clients. An opportunity lost that will go straight to your competitor’s practice.
We invite you to take the return-on-investment challenge:
- Do you know how much money you are currently spending on marketing to find new clients or keep in touch with the clients you already have?
- Do you know how many new clients you are getting as a direct result of your marketing and advertising efforts?
- Do you know how much income your practice is generating each week as a direct result of your marketing efforts?
- Do you currently view money spent on marketing and advertising to be a nonrecoverable expense?
- Did you know you can turn your advertising cost center into a profit center?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, that’s OK. You are not alone.
Marketing can be a very funny thing. One day, you get a mailer for half off at Joe’s Golf Store. Fantastic; you love golf. The mailer goes into your high priority to-do pile. You have every intention of doing business with Joe’s Golf Store; it has piqued your interest and desire. And, it has given you a strong reason to buy at half off.
The next day, as you are going through your mail, you get an advertisement for bungee cord jumping off the Grand Canyon. You don’t even like to stand on your back deck and look at the three-story drop into your backyard. Somebody didn’t do their marketing homework!
The flyer goes into your circular file, otherwise known as your trash can. And that is what return-on-investment marketing is all about:
• Know your clients
• Know what keeps them awake at night
• Know how your practice’s product or service can benefit them
• Make sure you tell them how you can solve their problems through frequent marketing approaches.
For more than 25 years, Randi Drinkwater has successfully spearheaded high-impact marketing solutions for such global companies as IBM, Cisco Systems and WorldCom/MCI/UUNet. Today, Drinkwater resides as CEO for Alternative Growth Streams, a marketing-membership website designed exclusively to empower alternative and integrative health-care practitioners to grow their practices and get more patients/clients. She is well known and respected throughout the industry and is the recipient of the “BPAA Atlanta Peach” and “Southeast Addy” award for marketing excellence.