Lymphatic Balancing is taught as three different courses at DambrogioInstitute.com and can be taken in any order.
Each course is four days in length and involves a combination of theory, demonstration, and hands-on practice.
Participants attending these courses at the D’Ambrogio Institute will:
- Learn how to decide if Lymphatic Balancing is indicated.
- Gain an understanding of the history, principles, and neuromuscular basis of Lymphatic Balancing.
- Learn the anatomy and supporting structures of the lymphatic system.
- Conduct a total and local body specific evaluation.
- Chart results of an evaluation and formulate a treatment plan.
- Determine the proper sequence of treating the Total Body Lesion.
- Perform Lymphatic Balancing on the nodes, vessels, tissues of the cranium, spine, thorax, abdomen, and upper and lower extremity.
- Understand the clinical importance of Lymphatic Balancing for the treatment of excess fluid, swelling, or lymphatic stagnation in relation to musculoskeletal dysfunctions.
- Integrate Lymphatic Balancing with other treatment modalities taught at the D’Ambrogio Institute.
- Lymphatic Balancing Total Body (LBTB): This course teaches a total body approach to Lymphatic Balancing (LB). Participants will learn how to perform a Total Body Lymphatic Evaluation and treat excess fluid or swelling throughout the body.
LBTB can be useful for clearing accumulated edema and toxins in new patients prior to the application of specific LB on local regions of the body.
LBTB is also indicated as preventative health care or maintenance for patients.
Lymphatic Balancing Upper Quadrant (LBUQ): This course teaches a local body approach to Lymphatic Balancing (LB).
Participants will learn how to perform a Specific Local Lymphatic Evaluation and treat excess fluid or swelling in the upper quadrant.
Specific areas include the cranium, cervical spine, thoracic spine, deep thorax (viscera), upper abdomen, and upper extremities (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand).
Lymphatic Balancing Lower Quadrant (LBLQ): This course teaches a local body approach to Lymphatic Balancing (LB).
Participants will learn how to perform a Specific Local Lymphatic Evaluation and treat excess fluid or swelling in the lower quadrant.
Specific areas include the deep drainage system, lower abdomen and abdominal (viscera), lumbar spine, pelvis, sacrum, and lower extremities (hip, knee, ankle and foot).
Kerry D’Ambrogio, DOM, AP, PT, DO-MTP, is a physical therapist, osteopath, board-certified acupuncture physician, and author of Positional Release Therapy. Information on his manual therapy techniques and continuing education courses offered by the D’Ambrogio Institute are available on the institute’s website.