Now open for enrollment
The Maharishi College of Perfect Health at MUM in Fairfield, Iowa is pleased to inaugurate a new program to train and certify massage therapists as Ayurveda Wellness Consultants. Graduates of the program will be able to consult with clients, family and friends, helping them achieve higher levels of health and wellness through Maharishi Ayurveda.
This comprehensive course will train massage therapists to become an Ayurveda Wellness Consultant by teaching them the principles and practices of ayurveda, the world’s oldest system of natural health care. Ayurveda’s main focus is prevention, healing and longevity. These themes are starting to dominate today’s health care landscape.
This course prepares one to apply the practical knowledge of Ayurveda to one’s practice while developing a new and more integrative approach to health and wellness. Click here for more details.
Course components include:
- Ayurveda Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Physiology as the Expression of Veda and Vedic Literature: an Overview
- Understanding the Role of Consciousness and the Mind-Body Interface
- Understanding Prakriti: Individual Constitution / Mind-Body Type
- Understanding Vikriti: Imbalance
- Pathogenesis and the Origins of Imbalance
- Dravya Guna Shastra: Principles and Applications of Ayurvedic Herbology
- Digestive Physiology, Diet and Nutrition
- Therapeutic Applications of Aromatherapy and Spices
- Maharishi Ayurveda Science of Prevention (Swastha-Vritta)
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Diagnosis
More information on the course can be found here.
The Maharishi Ayurveda Wellness Consultant Certificate Training Program is taught by:
- Stuart Rothenberg, M.D.
- Robert Keith Wallace, Ph.D.
- Paul J. Morehead