Do you want to be one of the few who avoids getting sick this cold season? Health Magazine reports how getting a massage, among other things, may help.
1. Get a massage. The magazine reports that studies have shown massage to reduce anxiety, blood pressure, and heart rate.
2. Take a cold shower. Many say that showers will help with low energy, migraines, circulation, and pain reduction.
3. Take GI problems with ginger. According to Health magazine ginger is believed to stimulate digestive secretions, improves intestinal muscle tone, and helps move food through gastrointestinal tract.
4. Wash your hands — a lot. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, washing your hands is the best combat against avoiding illness.
5. Take your vitamins. Health magazine reports that taking a generous amount of Vitamin C at the first sign of a cold may help fight it. It also reported Vitamin C may help reduce stress.
6. Eat garlic. This herb is reported as being high in antioxidants, which helps boost immunity and fight inflammation.
7. Stay upbeat. According to researchers, the brain may communicate with the immune system. In other words, if you tell yourself you won’t get sick; your wish may just be granted. (Potter, Health Magazine, 10/1)