The Massage Therapy Foundation has announced the recipients of its annual Community Service Grants, according to a press release. The foundation advances the knowledge and practice of massage by supporting scientific research, education and community service.
The recipients are:
• Tina Allen of Liddle Kidz Foundation in Vancouver, Washington, was awarded $5,000 for “Massage Therapy for Orphans in Japan.”
• Tieasha James of Bee Busy Wellness Center in Houston, Texas, was awarded $5,000 for “Touching Lives.”
• Fermin Flores of Exodus Transitional Community in Brooklyn, New York, was awarded $5,000 for “Free Fulfillment.”
• Dale Healy, D.C., of Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, Minnesota, was awarded $4,800 for “Integrating Massage with La Clinica de la Mariposa.”
• Ellisa Lee of SAGE Eldercare’s HomeCare Massage Therapy in Summit, New Jersey, was awarded $5,000 for “Soothing our Senior Clients.”