Spa Business Strategies provides a plan for success for new spa owners and students
Clifton Park, NY, July 22, 2009 – Milady, a part of Cengage Learning is pleased to announce the publication of the newest reference title, Spa Business Strategies: A Plan for Success, second edition by Janet M. D’Angelo for salon students and professionals alike.
Spa Business Strategies: A Plan for Success, second edition uses thought-provoking questionnaires, practical examples, and targeted worksheets guiding the reader through each facet of business development. It covers important business topics such as the need for developing a clear vision and solid business plan; for understanding demographics and identifying a target market; finding the best location or purchasing an existing spa business; planning the physical space or the architecture and design of a spa; purchasing products and equipment; choosing technology and computer systems; developing key marketing tools and strategies; analyzing sales and productivity data; promoting retail and service sales; developing excellent communication and customer service skills; managing customer and employee relations; using financial management tools and compensation strategies that will help to maintain a business and manage day to day operations at maximum efficiency.
Key features of this title:
• Provides relevant spa statistics and analysis of the spa industry.
• Provides an overview of current trends and discusses education that is needed to take the spa industry to the next level as well as includes regulations which are affecting the spa industry.
• Uses simple and straightforward language to walk the reader through all aspects of spa business development.
• Interactive approach and worksheets allow the reader to process information in a simple yet meaningful way.
New to this edition:
• New financial planning information as it relates to the architecture and design of your spa.
• New information relative to assessing the market value of a spa and the feasibility for profit.
• Updated information on the latest spa equipment and technological tools.
• New illustrations and examples of marketing materials that can help you to grow your business.
Spa Business Strategies: A Plan for Success
Janet M. D’Angelo
Available: July 2009
List Price: $69.95
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning delivers highly customized learning solutions for colleges, universities, instructors, students, libraries, government agencies, corporations, and professionals around the world. These solutions are delivered through specialized content, applications and services that foster academic excellence, professional development, and measurable learning outcomes. Cengage Learning’s existing company and imprint brands include Heinle, Gale, Wadsworth, Delmar, Brooks/Cole, and South-Western, among others. For more information on Cengage Learning please visit www.cengage.com.
Milady, a part of Cengage Learning, is the number one provider for beauty and wellness learning solutions. For more than 80 years, Milady has provided the industry with superior educational and professional learning materials. Milady offers salon and spa professionals support through personal consultation, business and life coaching, comprehensive organizational training, and web-based assistance. Complete with programs in place to assist salon and spa business owners to further develop successful lives and stable profitability, Milady is a true full-service provider from student to professional. Spanning six continents, Milady has aided more than 10 million beauty professionals in achieving licensure success. Learn more about Milady by visiting www.milady.cengage.com.