Skaneateles, NY – April 14, 2011 – At Mirbeau Inn & Spa, spring is in the air. The idyllic boutique resort has forged a unique partnership with the critically acclaimed essential oil artisans at Aromatherapy Associates to create a classically balanced program promising renewal for guests on many levels.
Spring is a time for renewal and rebirth with promises of new beginnings and healthy change. Mirbeau Inn & Spa, along with Aromatherapy Associates, has developed a distinctive seasonal experience from now through June for those spending an afternoon, an overnight stay or a weeklong retreat.
The renewal program offers overnight guests a variety of experiences in one overnight package. The renewal overnight package is available Sunday through Thursday until June 30 (some black dates may apply), and includes luxury accommodations, one 50-minute aromatherapy spa treatment per person, an aromatherapy inspired lunch and breakfast (per person), and one in-room bath experience featuring Aromatherapy Associates products (one per room). Pricing April 1 through May 12 is $584* per room, per night; and from May 16 through June 30 it’s $674.43* per room, per night.
Renewal spa services
Guests may choose from a special menu of aromatherapy treatments developed by Mirbeau Inn & Spa and Aromatherapy Associates. Each skilled Spa Mirbeau therapist has been trained by an Aromatherapy Associates executive and is well versed on the brand’s ingredients, key benefits, product use and recommendations for individual guest needs. The 50-minute aromatherapy spa services will be available through April and include:
- Monet’s Favorite Fragrance. Continuing Mirbeau’s classically balanced lifestyle, this aromatherapy treatment nourishes the physical, mental and emotional well-being of guests with natural essential oils and the benefits of Swedish massage.
- Aromatherapy Ritual. A personalized aromatherapy experience and fusion of eastern and western massage techniques promotes balance of mind, body and spirit.
- Body Brush Anti-Cellulite Treatment. This is an invigorating body brush and deep-tissue detox massage to target cellulite. Freshwater mud firms and tones skin and foot reflex pressure massage encourages release of toxins.
The 50-minute renewal-focused treatment menu is available beginning May 1 and includes:
- Breathe Easy–Massage. This treatment focuses on the head, back, chest, neck, shoulders, and face using inhalation and pressure-point massage to open up airways and maximize effective breathing utilizing the powerful essential oils: eucalyptus, tea tree and pine.
- Rose Renewal–Facial. This luxurious facial harnesses the regenerative properties of rose to nourish, renew and hydrate all skin types, especially dry, delicate and finely textured complexions. It also promotes facial circulation for smooth, radiant skin.
- Citrus Detox Reviver–Scrub/Wrap. This treatment combines sweet, zesty pink grapefruit, fresh green rosemary and rich, woody juniper berry for a strengthening, detoxifying effect. Exfoliation with finely ground olive grains refines pores and a foot reflex massage encouraging the elimination of toxins.
During the Renewal program, Spa Mirbeau’s team of expert yoga instructors are on-hand teaching complimentary aroma-yoga classes that will coincide with the scents of the season. The classes combine yoga with aromatherapy and education.
Monthly Aromatherapy Seminar
Each month, an Aromatherapy Associates representative will visit Mirbeau to engage guests in an aromatherapy seminar. These special seminars give a brief history of aromatherapy, teach guests about the benefits of daily use and provide them with their own aromatherapy kit for at-home use. Attendance to these hands-on workshops is included in the Renewal Overnight package and is available to the public and spa members at an additional fee. The first seminar is scheduled for April 21.
Signature Bath Experiences
Each overnight Renewal package will also receive a nightly in-room bath experience** that revives the mind, body and spirit. They are:
- Deep Relax (vetivert, chamomile and sandalwood)
- Revive Morning (pink grapefruit, rosemary, juniper berry)
- Balanced Romance (rose, geranium, bergamot)
Special Renewal-Themed Menus
Renewal extends into the kitchen at Mirbeau. Chef Steven Landon has prepared new and unique menu items for the program. The Revive Aromatherapy Breakfast ($11) will revive, invigorate and detox guests with a Grapefruit Brulee and a Dried Fruit Ginger Oatmeal Cake served with a cup of Orange Pomegranate Tea featuring Fruity Rosehip and Hibiscus herbs. The De-Stress Lunch ($17 without dessert; $26 with dessert) features seared Organic Chicken Breast over Orange-Rosemary Jasmine Rice and Chef’s Vegetable, Chamomile Flower Sprinkle, followed by Support (dessert) of Peppermint Ice Cream served with homemade Biscotti and Lavender Icing.
Chef Landon will also lead cooking classes that will not only be fragrant and eye-catching, but will also awaken the senses. Chef will entertain small audiences in the main dining room while fielding questions. A souvenir menu will be given to the guests at the end of each class. The cooking classes will take place April 6, May 4 and June 8. Visit www.mirbeau.com/dining for a list of class topics.
This seasonal program will continue throughout 2011 with a variety of brand partners each quarter. Following Spring Renewal with Aromatherapy Associates, Mirbeau will focus on The Finger Lakes region during the summer months (July 1 through Sept. 30) and organic living will be celebrated October through December.
For more information, visit www.mirbeau.com or call (877) MIRBEAU.
The 34-room Mirbeau Inn & Spa in Skaneateles, New York, is an intimate, year-round retreat for rejuvenation and romance, offering gracious hospitality, award-winning cuisine, and world-class spa treatments in the heart of Central New York’s Finger Lakes wine region. Steeped in elegant French country style, Mirbeau is tucked into acres of Monet-inspired gardens near the shores of Skaneateles Lake, surrounded by spruce forests, rolling hills, crystal clear lakes and more than 100 wineries. Mirbeau Inn & Spa is the only Forbes Four-Star Award winner for hotel, spa and restaurant in New York, and a AAA Four-Diamond winner. It is also distinguished by the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Top Ten Spas in the World in the categories of romance and cuisine in Spa Finder’s Annual Readers’ Choice Awards and Top Five Spas for Couples in the World in back-to-back years of Spa Magazine‘s Silver Sage Readers’ Choice Favorites. Mirbeau was recently named one of the Top Twenty Small Resorts in the U.S. by Condé Nast Magazine.