BURR RIDGE, IL— The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) Certification Board approved a three-year strategic plan that focuses on NCBTMB’s efforts to elevate the massage therapy profession nationwide by establishing and advancing the highest credentials and standards of excellence.
NCBTMB’s vision is to—through its accredited status—create, promote, and sustain a culture in which the highest quality of professional credentialing and standards are advanced in the massage therapy profession. NCBTMB will accomplish this by:
• ensuring that the NCBTMB Board Certification examination and requirements reflect the highest level of professional standards.
• ensuring that educators and courses taught are of high quality and integral to the ongoing maintenance of Board Certification.
• maintaining a strong and viable infrastructure that supports NCBTMB programs.
• effectively communicating the importance of Board Certification to the public, to employers, to massage therapists and to stakeholders in massage and related professions.
- building a community committed to elevating the profession and promoting the safest, most ethical, and highest quality massage experience for wellness and health.
“I am proud of the dedication that the NCBTMB Certification Board has shown over the past year as we created a clear path for the future of Board Certification and Approved Providers. As an accredited organization, we continue to advocate for the highest credentialing in massage therapy,” said Portia B. Resnick, Ph.D., ATC, BCTMB, LMT, and NCBTMB President.
The NCBTMB strategic direction is aligned around three key goals:
Board Certification: NCBTMB grows the community of Board Certified therapists by creating awareness of certification’s value to therapists and stakeholders.
Approved Provider Program: Through the Approved Provider program, NCBTMB promotes and upholds the highest standards of continuing education.
Infrastructure: NCBTMB builds a strong and sustainable infrastructure to ensure growth of its essential programs and to respond to new opportunities.
“We are excited about creating a community that supports fellow certificants and encourages other therapists to pursue certification,” said Dolly Wallace, BCTMB, LMT and NCBTMB President-Elect. “It is our hope that fellow massage therapists will join us and be a part of that community which recommends and encourages certification.”
NCBTMB will be guided by the plan beginning in fiscal year 2021. More information and the complete plan can be found at www.ncbtmb.org.
MEDIA CONTACT: Shelly Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
NCBTMB is a non-profit organization with the mission to elevate the massage therapy profession nationwide by establishing and advancing the highest credentials and standards of excellence. In addition to the BCTMB®, NCBTMB offers the Approved Provider Program, the country’s most-respected source for continuing education approval by state boards, government and regulatory agencies, and massage therapists. NCBTMB also offers the Massage Therapy Assessment for Certification (MTAC), Specialty Certificates, and Assigned Schools.