The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) announced a redesigned newsletter Feb. 23.
“Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Focus on Research and Care” is available with a free subscription. NCCAM is a center within the National Institutes of Health.
Among the stories in the current issue newsletter are:
• A new national survey on Americans’ use of CAM and, for the first time, data on children’s use of CAM.
• Many older people face challenges in coping with age-related changes in memory and cognitive function. We interview an expert on these disorders.
• NCCAM is celebrating its 10th anniversary throughout 2009. Find out about some special events, including a new lecture series and the launch of strategic planning for upcoming years.
• A special section for consumers features stories on children and CAM, and the wise use of dietary supplements.
• What should health care providers consider when they counsel patients about CAM? What are some sources for quality information on these therapies?
In addition to the newsletter, you can subscribe to the monthly “NCCAM Update” eBulletin. To learn more, visit http://nccam.nih.gov/news/subscribe.htm.