Top social media experts share new secrets of using Web 2.0 tools to drive buzz, brand and the bottom line–audio conference, Thursday, August 28, 2008.
(PRWEB) August 20, 2008 — PR and marketing professionals who want to learn what it takes to break into leading business media firsthand will discover practical media placement strategies at a new audio conference from Bulldog Reporter’s PR University: "Beyond Twitter PR: Advanced Strategies for Creating Powerful Social Media Strategies." Attendees will come away with proven best practices and new, emerging techniques designed to ensure their social media campaigns are successful, starting immediately.
This exclusive, dial in http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?sctoken=9c0bca5c40be40d2aab4a06efb30fc8b&bhcp=1[PR University audio conference] takes place on Thursday, August 28th, at 1 PM EDT (noon, CDT, 11 AM MDT; 10 AM PDT). Its’ panel includes four social media gurus who share their wisdom and front-line war stories:
- Kate Laufer, Senior Public Relations Manager, North America, Beam Global Spirits & Wine
- Paula Berg, Manager, Emerging Media, Southwest Airlines
- Doug Hay, CEO, Co-Founder, Expansion Plus
- Susan Getgood, Principal, GetGood Strategic Marketing
- Chris Abraham, President/COO, Abraham Harrison
This 90-minute interactive call will give public relations professionals a practical, step-by-step guide for implementing various social media tools for PR purposes, including: blogs, micro-blogs (Twitter), podcasts, social networks (MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn), media sharing (Flickr, YouTube), social reference (Wikipedia), social news (dig), social bookmarking (del.icio.us), virtual worlds (SecondLife), newsgroups and forums. It will also address how to strategize Web 2.0 efforts and incorporate them into traditional PR programs.
Here are some of the practical and immediately applicable techniques attendees will cover in this audio conference:
- New PR Paradigms: How Web 2.0 tools and technologies are revolutionizing communications — plus ways to take advantage of these changes right now
- PR’s role in social media campaigns and how to lead the charge for greater impact, budget and influence
- Secrets of Stellar Social Media Content: What generates buzz online–and how to use that knowledge to create buzz-worthy campaigns that drive outcomes
- Building Better Blogs–qualities the most credible (and popular) blogs share and how to incorporate micro-blogging (think Twitter) into your communications efforts
- How superior podcasts and webcasts build brand and drive buzz — tips for generating compelling programs and driving audiences to your content
- Successful Viral Video: Tips for generating and sharing multimedia online in the YouTube era
Attendance at Bulldog Reporter’s PR University audio conference costs $299 per telephone site. Participants in the 90-minute call will be able to pose specific questions for the panelists at several junctures during the discussion. Attendees of PRU University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual and a full transcript.
For more information on taking part in the event, go to our http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?sctoken=9c0bca5c40be40d2aab4a06efb30fc8b&bhcp=1[conference home page] or phone toll free: 1-800-959-1059.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/08/prweb1223704.htm