Rhinebeck, NY (PRWEB) September 07, 2011–High heels look great, and are here to stay. A 5-inch pair of stilettos can lengthen the legs, thrust the hips forward creating a sexier silhouette and turn any woman into a statuesque beauty worthy of the runway–but at what cost?
According to Lou Paradise, president and chief of research of Topical BioMedics Inc. in Rhinebeck, New York, “Wearing high heels can lead to plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sprained and swollen ankles, forefoot pain, blisters, aching feet, hammertoes, corns and calluses, lower back pain, knee strain, as well as other painful conditions.”
Podiatrists say more than half of Americans regularly experience aching feet, and that that 80 percent of those who go for treatment are women. Compounding pain issues is the fact that women not only wear high heels, they walk, on average, 3 miles farther than men each day. Wearing high heels may not be the best choice for health, but women will not give up their heels anytime soon.
By taking proper precautions and giving their tired, aching feet some extra TLC, this is one choice fashion-forward women won’t have to make.
Keeping feet happy and healthy
What can women do to reduce the physical dangers of wearing high heels? Here are some helpful tips from Topical BioMedics:
- Always choose comfortable high-heeled shoes that fit well. Studies show that 88 percent of American women wear shoes that are too small. As we age, feet expand, so it’s helpful to have them measured periodically.
- Choose to try on shoes at the end of your day, as they swell throughout the day when you stand and walk around.
- Try on both pairs of shoes, as your feet may not be identical in size and the shoes may not be identical in size as well.
- Choose high-heeled shoes with an “air bag” or very comfortable sole that protects your feet from rubbing and provides shock absorption. If the shoes you love do not have a padded sole, get a cushy insert.
- Spend less time perched on high heels. Limit your walking and standing when wearing high heels, and whenever possible give your feet a break during the day by switching to sneakers or flats, at least for a while.
- Stretch tight shoes with shoe stretchers to make them more comfortable.
- Elevate your legs for 15 or 20 minutes to reduce swelling. This is especially important if you tend to cross your legs, which hinders circulation and causes blood to “pool” in your feet.
- Massage your legs and feet after wearing high heels. Running your feet over a reflexology roller or golf ball is an effective way to massage the soles. When massaging, use Topricin Foot Therapy Cream to help sooth pain and heal the damage that is causing the pain.
How does Topricin Foot Therapy work?
Topricin Foot Therapy Cream from Topical BioMedics targets ankles ankle and foot pain and contains 11 natural biomedicines medicines that naturally support and assist the body by helping the subcutaneous skin layers of the feet to drain toxins and excess fluids from the tissues which increases blood flow and helps heal the damage that is causing the pain.
“Applying Topricin Foot Therapy Cream to feet before strutting out in heels helps to reduce pain and injury,” says Paradise. “Then apply it afterwards to help relieve any burning, throbbing nerve pain in the feet. As an added plus, Topricin Foot Therapy Cream treats dry, cracked skin of the feet.”
Patented for treating neuropathy, Topricin is safe and natural and doesn’t use any volatile oils, such as camphor, menthol, petroleum or lanolin, fragrances or irritating chemicals. The cream is fast absorbing, odorless, greaseless and will not stain your clothing. Formulated for maximum absorption, it can be applied as many times as needed to relieve foot pain with no fear of overuse or interference with other medications. Topricin Foot Therapy Cream is safe for pregnant and nursing women and diabetics. For more information, visit www.topricin.com.
About Topical BioMedics
Topricin products are formulated with approved medicines as found in the HPUS (Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States) and are in compliance with FDA rules for homeopathic over-the-counter medicines. The product is also patented for the treatment of pain associated with fibromyalgia and neuropathy and is safe for pregnant and nursing women and diabetics.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Rhinebeck, New York, Topical BioMedics Inc., is the research and development leader in topical regulated natural medicines for pain relief. The company’s family of products includes classic Topricin, Topricin Foot Therapy Cream that addresses painful foot and ankle ailments and conditions, and Topricin Junior for children, which won the Parent Tested/Parent Approved (PTPA™) Seal of Approval and is a designated Trusted Partner of Healthy Child Healthy World, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating healthier, safer environments for children. All Topricin products are formulated with approved medicines as found in the HPUS (Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States) and are in compliance with FDA rules for homeopathic over-the-counter medicines. The product is also patented for the treatment of pain associated with fibromyalgia and neuropathy and is safe for pregnant and nursing women and diabetics.
Topricin is available in pharmacies, natural food stores and other fine retailers nationwide, including Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World, Fred Meyer, Wegmans and other retail stores throughout the U.S., as well as direct from the Topical BioMedics’ online store.