Self-Therapy for the TMJ and Jaw DVD
What You’ll See on this DVD:
This dvd shows you how to use Direct-Indirect Techniques on yourself to release tight myo-fascial restrictions in the external Jaw muscles (masseter, temporalis, other facial muscles), internal Jaw muscles (lateral and medial pterygoids), and the TemporoMandibular Joint.
You’ll learn how to do a simple sequence of techniques on yourself to reduce or eliminate TMJ symptoms, reduce stress, and facilitate restful sleep.
See more about this DVD below.
Available as an online course as well!
2 CEUs Available!
TMJ Dysfunction affects more people than most therapists would expect. Many people with TMJD do not realize that their jaw muscles are the source of neck pain, headaches, even migraines! With DIT for TMJ and Neck sessions, clients can help themselves maintain relief and keep the jaw structures from excess tightening and stressing.
- You will learn a TMJD home program that you can use for yourself and teach your clients to do for themselves between massage sessions.
- You will learn to relieve chronically tight jaw muscles a little bit every day which helps to reprogram them to a more relaxed ‘normal’.
- TMJ Self-Therapy helps you and your clients to build more body awareness, so that you know when you’re clenching your jaw.
- Doing the home program at night before bed also helps lessen the tendency toward clenching and teeth grinding while sleeping.
- You and your clients will feel more refreshed when you wake up and the tendency toward headaches is lessened, or eliminated.
- You will learn a specific combination of myofascial, neuromuscular, and cranial-sacral techniques for relieving tight TMJ and Jaw muscles and fascia – a blend of deep and gentle techniques that are very effective when used together.
- 2 CEUs Available
“The instructions were easy to follow and interesting. I have had 2 previous TMJ workshops, but this was the best and most beneficial.” ~ Brenda