The National Advisory Council for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NACCAM) will hold an open, public meeting on Sept. 12. NACCAM advises the director of the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The meeting agenda is:
• 11:00 a.m.: Call to Order, Council Operating Procedures
• 11:05 a.m.: Report from the Director, Josephine Briggs, M.D.
• 11:35 a.m.: Concept Clearance: Translational Tools for CAM Research
• 12 noon: Lunch
• 1:00 p.m.: Botanicals — Their Past, Present and Future
• 2:00 p.m.: Pre-Concept Discussion: Biological Pipeline
• 2:30 p.m.: Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use Among Adults and Children, United States, 2007
• 3:00 p.m.: BREAK
• 3:15 p.m.: Concept Clearance: Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Treatment of Chronic Pain
• 3:45 p.m.: Director’s Wrap-up
• 4:00 p.m.: Public Comment Session
The meeting will be held at the NIH’s headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. Click here for directions.
The NACCAM 2009 meetings will be held on Feb. 6, June 5 and Sept. 11.