Energetic ethics is the topic of the June issue’s Guest Editorial. To explore this topic within yourself, ask yourself these questions and then ponder your answers:
1. Have you ever walked into a room that, while spotless and beautifully appointed, feels like it needs to be cleaned? What feelings arose in you? How would you have preferred the room feel?
2. Have you experienced someone standing so close to you that you want to take a step backward? What feelings arose in you? How would you have preferred the person present him/herself?
3. During clinical practicum In a recent class a student shared she saw a dark energy over another student’s pelvic area and began to recount a traumatic event she believed had happened to the student. Did she act ethically? How would you have handled this situation?
4. A colleague recently had a wrap and massage. She felt cold and immediately raised concerns. The therapist insisted no one had ever been cold before. She left her client shivering, tied up in plastic wrap and blankets with no way to extricate her self. Did she act with integrity? How would you have handled this situation?
5. When you great your client, do you look in her eyes when you ask, “How are you feeling today?” Are you clear in your heart you want to hear her response? Do you allow space for the warmth of authentic interaction?