Lots of massage schools and businesses are offering massage students a hand up with scholarships and grants. Here is a selection of the latest grants and scholarships:
• BIOTONE and Biofreeze have partnered to create The Helping Hands Gifts for Growth Grant Program. Students of massage can apply through Nov. 1 for one of four $1,000 grants. Each winner’s school will also receive a $1,000 grant. www.biotonebiofreezehelpinghands.com
• Massage Envy Spa has donated $30,000 to the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation, a nonprofit foundation created by the American Association of Cosmetology Schools to build awareness of career opportunities in the beauty-and-wellness industry while awarding scholarships to students pursuing careers in hair, skin, nails, barbering and massage therapy. www.beautychangeslives.org
• MASSAGE Magazine has partnered with Massage Warehouse, Sombra Professional Therapy Products and Massage Magazine Insurance Plus to launch its Student Scholarship Giveaway. One student will be awarded the first-place award of $1,000 plus a Massage Magazine Insurance Plus liability insurance policy. A second-place scholarship of a Massage Business Starter Package plus a one-year subscription to MASSAGE Magazine, and third-place scholarship of a Massage Lubricant Starter Package plus a one-year subscription to MASSAGE Magazine will be awarded to two additional massage students. www.massagemag.com/scholarship
• Massage Without Borders offers two scholarships to massage therapy students: One for $1,000 and one for $500. www.massagewithoutborders.org
• The American Massage Therapy Association presents one $5,000 scholarship annually. www.amtamassage.org; email@example.com
• The International Spa Association offers the Mary Tabacchi Scholarship annually, to individuals seeking a spa-related degree.
• The American College of Healthcare Sciences in Portland, Oregon, has partnered with Imagine America as a participating institution in the national Imagine America-sponsored Military Award Program. The scholarship offers veterans with expired military benefits and spouses of active duty servicemembers a one-time scholarship of $1,000 toward tuition. www.achs.edu