Skin Care Guru Celeste Hilling Shares her Secrets for Safe and Cost-Effective Summer Skin
Carlsbad, CA (PRWEB) May 16, 2009 — Today’s busy woman is demanding products that are convenient, cost-effective and have multiple uses. The seven skin care secrets capitalize on the econo-chic trend and will help you look radiant at the beach, pool or ballpark, while also protecting your skin for summers to come.
“Women in the know have made econo-chic the hot trend in skin care,” said Celeste Hilling, host of the popular internet radio show ‘Skin Health TODAY’ and founder of the must-have skin care line Skin Authority.
She’s tried out all of the skin care secrets and passes on her best advice to you:
1. Get Below the Surface – To get your skin summer ready, it’s very important to exfoliate. Your body accumulates dead skin cells every day. If you don’t get rid of them, your skin will look so dull and dry that lotion won’t make a difference. Look for a product that incorporates glycolic acid to stimulate resurfacing.
2. Calming Cellulite – With itty-bitty bikinis in your future, you’ll want to smooth those bumpy patches. The appearance of cellulite can be reduced by using a body scrub with large exfoliators such as ground coffee beans, pumice or bamboo shoots to stimulate circulation. It’s also smart to use a scrub that incorporates caffeine to detoxify or release water from the surface layers of fat to make cellulite look smoother
3. Safe Summer Glow – Glow safely this summer without the unsafe and aging worries that come along with the sun or tanning beds. Look for a fragrance free (for a better smell) self-tanner formulation that incorporates an AHA for better penetration. For face, alternate your regular moisturizer and a self-tanner every other night for a natural glow. For the body, be careful to avoid elbows, knees and heels so you look natural and the tanner doesn’t darken the folds.
4. Last Season’s Sunscreen is so Passé – The active ingredients in sunscreens deteriorate over time, so purchase a new one. Reapply every one to two hours that you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe, sun fun. Make sure you have full UVA and UVB protection. That means you need more than an SPF of 15, which only measures UVB protection
5. When it Comes to Sunscreen, Look for the Stars – A four-star rating system isn’t just for the movies. The Food and Drug Administration will soon use stars to rate sunscreens.
6. Fancy Feet – Even if you are strutting in Louboutins, no one will know that you saved money by getting a pedicure at a local beauty school or by giving yourself one at home. Apply a 20 percent concentration of glycolic acid nightly to get rid of those calluses or deep layers of dead skin. While in the shower, scrub your feet three times a week with a pumice stone to keep the skin soft
7. Great Skin Care on the GO! – From the ballpark to the beach, you will be on-the-go a lot this summer. Many spas and cosmetic companies are offering summer skin care kits that are portable and convenient. Pick one up that has everything you need to cleanse, treat, hydrate and protect your skin daily so your skin care doesn’t have to suffer while you’re on the go.
About Celeste Hilling
With more than 15 years in the beauty and wellness industries, Celeste Hilling is the host of the syndicated internet radio show “Skin Health TODAY” and the Founder and CEO of Skin Authority. As a highly-sought-after expert on skin care, beauty, health and self-esteem, Hilling has made numerous television appearances and has been quoted in leading business publications including The New York Times, Forbes and BusinessWeek.
About Skin Authority
Skin Authority is the leading skin care lifestyle company. Through professional guidance and coaching, powerful and pure products, and profound professional treatment experiences, Skin Authority helps individuals make healthy choices daily to ensure a lifetime of youthful, radiant skin. Read more on www.skinauthority.com.