SpaFinder Inc., a global spa resource, has announced the winners of its 2008 Readers’ Choice Awards, revealing spa-goers’ favorite spas across the globe, as well as their top picks for the best spas in 25 specific categories.
“We’re proud to carry our Readers’ Choice Awards into their sixth year, reflecting the unvarnished opinions of actual spa goers from every part of the world,” said SpaFinder, Inc. President Susie Ellis. “As our industry’s version of the Academy Awards, our goal is to shine a global spotlight on those deserving spas that offer truly exceptional experiences to their guests.”
The 2008 awards are based on over 250,000 votes submitted worldwide by SpaFinder.com visitors and readers of SpaFinder publications, representing the most complete consumer assessment of the global spa market available today. In all, ballots were cast for over 1,500 different spas around the world by visitors who have used these properties personally in the past three years.
SpaFinder Crystal Award Winners for 2008, which
recognize the most extraordinary spa on each of six continents:
• Africa: Pezula Resort Hotel and Spa, Kynsa, South Africa
• Asia: The Peninsula Hong Kong, China
• Australia: Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, Queensland, Australia
• Europe: Brenner’s Park Hotel & Spa, Baden-Baden, Germany
• North America: Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, Mexico
• South America: El Alvear Palace, Buenos Aires, Argentina
This year marks the first time that a non-US spa took home the North America award.