Earth Day Survey by Memolink Identifies Environmentally-Friendly Behavior
DENVER, April 20 /PRNewswire/ — Most households are living a “green” lifestyle despite the economy being in the red, according to a survey of more than 7,500 consumers by Memolink.com. Memolink.com (at http://www.memolink.com) is a leading online rewards program.
While most Memolink members rate the environment as “important” or “extremely important,” they don’t necessarily consider themselves “green.” However, Memolink’s survey reveals 98 percent of respondents are performing small, everyday tasks that make a big difference for the environment and the pocketbook including:
- Turning off lights and unplugging appliances
- Buying in bulk, and concentrated household products
- Keeping conservative indoor temperature
- Line drying laundry
- Cutting back on (or eliminating) paper products
Other results from the survey include:
- Memolink households are buying green cleaning products at the same rate before the economic downturn with 10 percent buying them more often.
- The majority said their attitude towards the environment has stayed the same, and one-third said their concern for the environment is higher than before.
- More than half are staying in for meals more often and buying fewer disposable items like bottled water, which translates into less carbon emissions from vehicles and fewer plastic bottles in landfills.
- Just 32 percent reported they are buying organic food. The biggest reason most respondents had stopped or cut back on buying organic groceries was they could no longer afford it.
“The recent survey shows simple changes in attitudes and behavior make a big impact on the environment,” said David Asseoff, president and CEO of Memolink Inc. “Memolink provides further economic relief by rewarding its members for everyday spending with shopping rebates.”
For additional information on “going green” visit Memolink’s Green Guide at www.memolink.com/GreenGuide for tips and eco-friendly products that won’t break the bank.
About Memolink Inc.
Founded in 1994, Memolink Inc. is a privately owned and operated company in Denver, Colo. Memolink was originally an offline college marketing company, but later launched Memolink.com in November 1998. Memolink Inc. also operates CPA Storm, an online ad network. The company was recently recognized by Inc. Magazine for the second consecutive year as one of the fastest growing companies in America, and placed among the top ten companies to work for in the state of Colorado. For more information, go to http://www.memolinkinc.com.