(AUSTIN, TX – November 2011) For generations, cultures around the world have harnessed the power of seaweed to help soothe dry, irritated skin. This centuries-old tradition is the basis for The Seaweed Bath Co.’s unique product line. Founded by Adam Grossman, a long-time psoriasis sufferer, The Seaweed Bath Co. aims to improve the quality of life for sufferers of dry, irritated skin conditions as well as naturally improve overall skin health.
The Seaweed Bath Co. collection of skin-care and hair-care products is formulated with a sustainably-harvested bladderwrack seaweed plucked from the nutrient-rich waters surrounding Ireland, Maine and Nova Scotia. Rich in essential amino acids, vitamins and nutrients, this particular seaweed hydrates the skin and soothes irritation often associated with various skin conditions. Furthermore, bladderwrack seaweed contains fucoidan, a potent natural anti-inflammatory, and iodine, which helps stimulate the thyroid to draw out heavy metals and toxins in the body. Additional nurturing ingredients include:
• Kukui oil: A moisturizing oil from Hawaii that is rich in oleic, linoleic and linolenic acids to help soothe irritated skin.
• Argan oil: A soothing oil from Morocco that is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids to naturally comfort and nourish irritated skin.
• Neem oil: A comforting oil from India that is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids and renowned for its antimicrobial properties.
• Dead Sea Salt: A mineral extracted from the Dead Sea containing magnesium, calcium, sodium, bromide and potassium, which works to reduce dryness, redness and flaking, naturally softening and nourishing the skin.
• Aloe Vera: A calming gel that contains numerous vitamins and minerals, enzymes, amino acids, natural sugars and agents that have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
• Vitamin E: A potent vitamin that works as a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to protect cells against damage caused by free radicals.
Following a long struggle with psoriasis, Grossman sought a natural way to relieve his symptoms without the use of prescription medications or harsh chemicals. He decided to focus on the proven healing properties of the ocean and its natural restorative effect on the skin. After bathing in bladderwrack seaweed for only a short period of time, he saw significant improvement in his skin. It was while bathing in the seaweed for several months, Grossman saw an 80-percent reduction in his symptoms.
“My personal experience with the seaweed soaks was so incredible, I wanted to find a way to make this course of treatment easily accessible to others,” said Grossman. “I felt it was vital to reach out to other sufferers of similar conditions and let them know that their symptoms can be alleviated with more natural ingredients, without the risk of steroids or other harsh prescriptions.”
The Seaweed Bath Co. collection is designed to provide relief and comfort, as well as gently nourish and hydrate the skin. Free of dyes, parabens, sulfates and gluten, The Seaweed Bath Co. product line includes:
• Wildly Natural™ Seaweed Powder Baths – A combination of organic bladderwrack seaweed with kukui oil, argan oil, aloe vera, vitamin E and Dead Sea salts to moisturize and calm dry, irritated skin. Available in three signature scents: lavender, citrus, eucalyptus and peppermint and unscented. (SRP $3.89 / $19.89)
• Wildly Natural™ Seaweed Butter – Seaweed-rich body, hand and foot butters that instantly nourish and soften dry and damaged skin with shea butter, kukui oil and argan oil. Available in four varieties: Hand Butter, Foot Butter, Lemongrass Body Butter and Unscented Body Butter. (SRP $4.89 / $12.89)
• Wildly Natural™ Seaweed Soothing Body Washes – Nourishing body washes that combine the benefits of seaweed extract with soothing ingredients to help clean, moisturize and soften skin in the bath or shower. Available in three signature scents: lavender, citrus, eucalyptus and peppermint, and unscented. (SRP $5.89 / $16.89)
• Wildly Natural™ Seaweed Body Creams – Luxurious body creams that combine the nourishing properties of seaweed with a variety of natural ingredients, including shea butter, kukui oil and argan oil, to soften and moisturize dry skin. Available in three signature scents: lavender, citrus, eucalyptus and peppermint, and unscented. (SRP $12.89)
• Wildly Natural™ Seaweed Argan Shampoos and Conditioners – Shampoos and conditioners that combine bladderwrack seaweed extract, argan oil from Morocco and vitamin E to gently cleanse and moisturize the hair and calm the scalp. Available in three signature scents: lavender, citrus, eucalyptus and peppermint, and unscented. (SRP $ 5.89 / $16.89)
• Ocean Fresh Whole Seaweed Detox Baths™ – A traditional Irish spa experience that nourishes the skin and detoxifies the body with sustainably-harvested bladderwrack seaweed. (SRP $14.89)
The Seaweed Bath Co. products are available at select Whole Foods locations and at www.SeaweedBathCo.com.
About The Seaweed Bath Co.
The Seaweed Bath Co. LLC is dedicated to fighting dry, flaking and scaling skin with nutrient-rich bladderwrack seaweed combined with high-quality, all-natural ingredients from around the world. The company is the vision of Adam Grossman, a long-time psoriasis sufferer, who created the seaweed-based personal care products to take control of his skin condition without the use of prescribed medications or harsh chemicals. Seeking to improve the lives of other sufferers, Adam launched the Seaweed Bath Co. to share his remarkable all-natural seaweed bath products, free of dyes, parabens and sulfates, with the world.