SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, an approved provider for continuing education by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), has announced a new course offering: Mindfulness Meditation.
Mindfulness Meditation (2 contact hours; $20. Expiration date: Sept. 27, 2015)
Course description: Widely accepted, used and studied within mainstream medicine, mindfulness meditation involves paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and without judgment. The health benefits of mindfulness meditation include improvements in dealing with stress, pain and illness. Anyone can engage in this form of meditation, which places no emphasis on religious or faith practices.
The goal of this course is to provide an overview of mindfulness meditation, describe the health benefits of mindfulness meditation, discuss mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), and examine the techniques and practices for mindfulness meditation.
Learning objectives: Upon completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Define mindfulness meditation.
- Describe the seven key factors of the practice of mindfulness meditation.
- Compare and contrast the seven characteristics of “doing” and “being.”
- Identify mindfulness meditation myths.
- Describe the health benefits of mindfulness meditation.
- Examine mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR).
- Describe the use of mindfulness meditation for psychiatric disorders and substance use disorders.
- Discuss the benefits of mindfulness meditation when combined with goal management training (GMT) for substance abuse treatment.
- Identify the elements of practicing a basic mindfulness meditation.
- Practice the raisin and chocolate mindfulness meditations.
ALLEGRA Learning Solutions began in 1994 as a developer of more than 200 vocational, baccalaureate and master’s-level degree programs for schools and colleges. ALLEGRA quickly expanded, creating more than 300 online courses and content for more than 2,000 U.S. schools and colleges, customizing content for publishers, writing two highly successful books and achieving national endorsements for the quality of their work. ALLEGRA’s courses and certificates have been nationally accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation, the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and other accrediting agencies. For a complete list of courses, visit www.allegralearning.com.