The Global Wellness Summit (GWS), the foremost gathering of international leaders in the $4.5 trillion global wellness economy, on Aug. 27 launched a new season of its popular podcast series. The podcast, which was launched last October during the 2019 GWS in Singapore, experienced a whopping 650% increase in downloads in the first month of the COVID-19 shutdown and grew international listenership from 31 to 51 countries. The first of the seven-episode season kicks off today with Sarah Smith, the content director of the iconic health resource Prevention magazine.
Hosted by award-winning wellness industry communications veteran, Kim Marshall, the honest, wide-ranging conversations feature business leaders and thinkers from diverse wellness markets and explore topics often aligned with research spearheaded by the GWS nonprofit partner, the Global Wellness Institute (GWI). The podcast’s in-depth conversations complement the briefer, weekly GWS #FiveinTen Leader Livecasts, where wellness business leaders share inspiration and case studies on how to cope and adapt during the pandemic.
The new GWS Podcast season features:
- Sarah Smith, Content Director, Prevention – Find out how a powerful US wellness brand (and a pillar of the Hearst magazine empire) has served as a trusted health and lifestyle resource for seven decades. Smith also explains how the magazine has embraced the Global Wellness Institute’s The Wellness Moonshot.
- Dr. Richard Carmona, former US Surgeon General – Hear about his humble beginnings as a high school dropout in the Bronx and how he ultimately ended up as the US’ top doc. He also shares insights into working with Dr. Fauci on the US COVID-19 response.
- Jennifer Walsh, Walk with Walsh – Embracing nature and getting outside has become one of the most popular coping strategies during the pandemic. You’ll also hear how NYC-based Walsh has become the eyes, ears and heart of a changing city during an unprecedented time.
- Martha Collard, Gong Master – A keynote presenter at the 2019 GWS in Singapore, this former marine biologist explains how she left the corporate world after 28 years to follow her passion of bringing wellness to the world through sound waves. Close your eyes and breathe deeply as this gong master bathes us in sound from a stunning, handcrafted, five-foot-wide, rainbow-hued, titanium gong.
- Roberto Arjona, General Manager, Rancho La Puerta – Hear how, in spite of furloughing employees and being shut down for five months, the original destination spa in North America is celebrating its 80th anniversary by “Evolving in a Whole New Way.”
- James Chenevey, CEO Earthlite and Living Earth Crafts – Learn how the employees of this successful spa equipment company—whose massage and facial tables can be found in 120 countries—came up with a way to adapt their equipment to provide a lifesaving tool for COVID-19 patients.
- Randi-Mae Stanford Leibold – A straightforward discussion with a Toronto-based wellness counselor about how the simultaneous crises of the ongoing pandemic and racial injustice in 2020 has taken a toll on the emotional and mental health of people of color. She shares specific, positive ways to change ingrained, shortsighted behavior toward Black and brown communities, especially in the wellness industry.
The GWS Podcast is produced by S’Well Public Relations and Crate Media and is sponsored by Carillon Miami Wellness Resort. It can be found on all popular podcast platforms.
In addition to the podcast and Instagram interviews, the GWI and GWS produce research and content that helps individuals and organizations navigate the current challenges and find opportunities to empower wellness worldwide. To access the latest resources from both organizations, click here.
To learn more about the Summit or to register, click here.
About the Global Wellness Summit
The GWS is an invitation-only international gathering that brings together leaders and visionaries to positively shape the future of the $4.5 trillion global wellness economy. Held in a different location each year, Summits have taken place in the US, Switzerland, Turkey, Bali, India, Morocco, Mexico, Austria, Italy and Singapore. The 14th annual Summit will take place at The Breakers Palm Beach, FL, from Nov. 8–11, 2020.
About Kim Marshall
Having worked as an executive at iconic properties like the Golden Door, Rancho La Puerta and the Grand Wailea Resort, Kim founded The Marshall Plan in 1995 as the first communications firm in the US to specialize in wellness, sustainability and wellness tourism. Kim served on the Board of the International Spa Association and the Green Spa Network. She is the original of 92 Global Wellness Day Ambassadors from around the world. In 2018, she and Darlene Fiske founded S’Well Public Relations—which PR News named one of the Top 100 PR firms in the US in 2020.